Relay delight for Dolphins
THETFORD Dolphins Swimming Club took part in the Norfolk County Relay Gala held at the UEA in Norwich. The team swam exceptionally well in winning four events, finishing second for two and third for four.
THETFORD Dolphins Swimming Club took part in the Norfolk County Relay Gala held at the UEA in Norwich.
The team swam exceptionally well in winning four events, finishing second for two and third for four.
Results: 1 UEA 137, 2 West Norfolk 97.5, 3 Thetford Dolphins 79.5, 4 Norwich Swans 58, 5 Dereham Otters 55, 6 Great Yarmouth 53.5, 7 Aylsham Vikings 21.5, 8 Diss Otters 15.
The first superb win of the night was secured by the 13/14yr medley relay team, with Ben Kleinau (14), Matthew Vertigans (14), Finn Nugent (14) and Russell Hatton (13).
The 13/14yr freestyle relay team of Ben, Matthew, Finn and Thomas Martin (14) also finished in a terrific first place.
Ben also competed in the junior men's medley and freestyle relay team with Daniel Clucas, 15, Lucas Walsh, 15, and Liam Osborne, 16, where the team won both races and took home the much-deserved junior medley and freestyle relay trophies.
- 1 Train delays as lorry hits railway bridge
- 2 Police search for owner of puppy lost near Mildenhall
- 3 Crowdfunder for terminally ill mum to fulfil dream of marrying partner
- 4 Concerns raised over plans for holiday cabins at equestrian centre
- 5 Final consultation to be undertaken on future of Thetford Market Place
- 6 'She was the glue' - Family's loving tribute to devoted mum Netty
- 7 Rare chance to rent a 16th century farmhouse overlooking a Norfolk estate
- 8 Five-year-old child struck by car in Brandon discharged from hospital
- 9 Motorbike and car crash on A134 near Norfolk village
- 10 Catalytic converters stolen from three cars in Mildenhall in one night
Daniel, Luke and Liam teamed up with James Martin to compete in the open age group where the foursome finished in a respectable third place for the medley and freestyle relays.
The boys' 9/l0yr quartet of Richard Hutton, 10, Rhys Vertigans, 10, Stuart Root, 10, and Thomas Cobbold, 9, finished in a wonderful second place for both the medley relay and the freestyle relay.
The girls' 13/14yr freestyle team of Morgan Burt, 14, Miami Pearson, 13, Zoe Douthwaite, 14, and Hattie Clarke, 14, finished in a fine third place.
Morgan and Zoe teamed up with Stephanie Park and Samantha Rate to compete in the open age group where they also finished in a great third place for the freestyle relay.
Other swimmers who also attended and contributed valuable points were: Poppy Plampin, 9, Grace McGill, 10, Ruby Last, 10, Liana Hanley, 10, Elle Kleinau, 12, Fiona Byford, 11, Kerry Douthwaite, 12, Alice Smith, 12, Murray Burt, 12, Luke Collins, 11, Taylor Dean, 11, Ella McGill, 14, Chloe Sharpin, 14, Connor Walsh, 13, Rowan Reynolds, 14, Joseph Buonocore, 13, Roni Dean, 14, Laura Cobb, 13, and Victoria Root, 13.