Record ride for Arnold
THE annual Cycling Club Breckland 25-mile open time trial saw near perfect conditions, allowing the riders to race around the two-lap Scoulton in record times.
Mark Arnold, of Team Pedal Revolution, won the event in a show- stopping time of 56:28 ahead of King’s Lynn CC’s Gary Rushmore (57:38) and Angus Jardine, of Ipswich CC, (59:07). Chris Nudds was the fastest Breckland rider with 1-01:56.
The seemingly unstoppable juvenile Declan Davis rode his first-ever 25-mile time trial, setting a blistering time of 1-02:10. Impressive times were also set by Danny Watkins (1-03:13), Andrew Lincoln (1-12:30) and Simon Atherton (1-14:18). Unfortunately Matt Carter’s bike punctured during the first lap after a fantastic start.
This weekend saw a break for most riders, but Mark Fairhead completed the mammoth Seething 312km Audax starting at 6am and finishing at 9pm.
Entry is still open for the challenging Gas Hill event in Norwich which sees four riders race head to head in knockout heats up a 350m stretch with the gradient reaching an incredible 20 percent in places.
You may also want to watch:
It is set to be a spectacle to behold, and one not to missed for competitors, with the overall winner being hailed as the East’s finest ‘grimpeur’.
- 1 Parts of Thetford hit by flooding due to heavy rain
- 2 Road closed after lorry crashes into tree as one person is trapped inside
- 3 47 new homes planned for Suffolk village
- 4 Man rescued from van after collision with tractor
- 5 Family demands answers after 91-year-old dies weighing four stone
- 6 'Slow down, save lives' - Police launch speed awareness campaign
- 7 Augmented reality Gruffalo trail launches in forest
- 8 Have your say over future of growing estate
- 9 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 10 Risk of flooding in parts of region as storms slowly move in