Record ride for Arnold
THE annual Cycling Club Breckland 25-mile open time trial saw near perfect conditions, allowing the riders to race around the two-lap Scoulton in record times.
Mark Arnold, of Team Pedal Revolution, won the event in a show- stopping time of 56:28 ahead of King’s Lynn CC’s Gary Rushmore (57:38) and Angus Jardine, of Ipswich CC, (59:07). Chris Nudds was the fastest Breckland rider with 1-01:56.
The seemingly unstoppable juvenile Declan Davis rode his first-ever 25-mile time trial, setting a blistering time of 1-02:10. Impressive times were also set by Danny Watkins (1-03:13), Andrew Lincoln (1-12:30) and Simon Atherton (1-14:18). Unfortunately Matt Carter’s bike punctured during the first lap after a fantastic start.
This weekend saw a break for most riders, but Mark Fairhead completed the mammoth Seething 312km Audax starting at 6am and finishing at 9pm.
Entry is still open for the challenging Gas Hill event in Norwich which sees four riders race head to head in knockout heats up a 350m stretch with the gradient reaching an incredible 20 percent in places.
It is set to be a spectacle to behold, and one not to missed for competitors, with the overall winner being hailed as the East’s finest ‘grimpeur’.
- 1 Forest ride in memory of 'lively character' and popular mountain biker
- 2 Part of A134 closed after crash between lorry and car
- 3 Woman breaks down in tears as she denies making up sex assaults
- 4 Waitrose and Halfords recall items over health and safety concerns
- 5 Manchester City owner eyes Norfolk horse racing enterprise
- 6 Huge farm network is helping rare Brecks wildlife in field margins
- 7 Warning issued over fake Omicron variant test scam
- 8 New rules introduced today in bid to stop Omicron spread
- 9 Decision delayed on changes at South Norfolk equestrian centre
- 10 'Don’t try and book until the NHS says it is your turn' — PM on booster rollout