Race day is a real success
Thetford Athletics Club held the Breckland 10k and 5k road race. The day was a great success with the main 10k race being full to capacity.In the 10k race the first man was Robert Chenery in a time of 35 min 22 sec and not far behind in second place was Robert Watson 35:42.
Thetford Athletics Club held the Breckland 10k and 5k road race. The day was a great success with the main 10k race being full to capacity.
In the 10k race the first man was Robert Chenery in a time of 35 min 22 sec and not far behind in second place was Robert Watson 35:42.
The first female was Juliet Vickery (Thetford AC) in 37:48, with Jayne Williams second in 41:27.
In the 5k race for 14 and 15-year-olds Thomas Francis of Thetford AC took first place in 16:46, with Joseph Kirton (Thetford AC) second in 19:47, both boys recording personal bests.
You may also want to watch:
The first girl was Lucy Tyler (Thetford AC) also achieving a pb of 20:09.
As in previous years the fun run was very well supported with 62 children taking part and completing the mile.
- 1 Family to open cafe named for 'cheeky' twins who fought rare disease
- 2 Emotional great grandma meets nine-month-old twins for first time
- 3 'Vital' washing and cooking facilities to help homeless opens in town
- 4 'Shocking destruction' - fury over removal of trees at walking spot
- 5 Five rare birds that have been spotted in Norfolk
- 6 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: County council election results
- 7 12 countries announced on travel green list from May 17
- 8 What can't open in Norfolk on May 17 - and why
- 9 Before the blaze: Elveden Forest Center Parcs in its early years
- 10 Mother still 'grieving' for son who suffered life-changing brain injuries in crash