Race day is a real success
Thetford Athletics Club held the Breckland 10k and 5k road race. The day was a great success with the main 10k race being full to capacity.In the 10k race the first man was Robert Chenery in a time of 35 min 22 sec and not far behind in second place was Robert Watson 35:42.
Thetford Athletics Club held the Breckland 10k and 5k road race. The day was a great success with the main 10k race being full to capacity.
In the 10k race the first man was Robert Chenery in a time of 35 min 22 sec and not far behind in second place was Robert Watson 35:42.
The first female was Juliet Vickery (Thetford AC) in 37:48, with Jayne Williams second in 41:27.
In the 5k race for 14 and 15-year-olds Thomas Francis of Thetford AC took first place in 16:46, with Joseph Kirton (Thetford AC) second in 19:47, both boys recording personal bests.
You may also want to watch:
The first girl was Lucy Tyler (Thetford AC) also achieving a pb of 20:09.
As in previous years the fun run was very well supported with 62 children taking part and completing the mile.
- 1 Father and son admit handling stolen power tools
- 2 Wanted man identified after Thetford shop burglary
- 3 Man due in court in connection with Norfolk stab attack
- 4 Bryan Cranston to Meghan Markle - how USO show brings stars to our region
- 5 Work starts on new £4.2m housing project in Norfolk village
- 6 Training at RAF base given positive rating by Ofsted
- 7 Jets heard roaring over Norwich for training exercise
- 8 Family's tribute to 'gentle giant' killed in A134 crash
- 9 Four-car crash leaves pregnant woman in hospital
- 10 Two men arrested on suspicion of money laundering in Thetford