Purple invasion of Thetford Parkrun members at East Harling 10K
- Credit: Submitted
There were 174 people taking on the Thetford Parkrun 5km course in the warm and humid conditions on Saturday.
The event welcomed 17 first-time participants and 41 personal bests were achieved.
First home was junior runner Devon Lockwood in 19 minutes and 58 seconds, just 12 seconds ahead of Iain Downie from Ipswich Triathlon Club.
Third to finish was another junior runner, Josh Jack of Poole Runners, in 20.26 minutes.
The first lady to finish was Melissa Boulton in 21st overall, in a new personal best time of 22.48mins. Second was Jo Wilkinson of Bedford & County AC in 23.24mins and third, in 28th overall, was Jordan Hunter with a new PB time of 23.47mins.
You may also want to watch:
The Thetford Parkrunners purple army were once again out in force at the weekend. Stuart Farmer travelled to London to take part in the British 10K London run, raising money for Cancer Research UK. He has raised £75 to date and can still be sponsored at www.justgiving.com/Stuart-Farmer1.
On Sunday the Sports & Social Centre in East Harling also saw a purple invasion as over 35 Thetford Parkrunners entered the Harling 10K.
- 1 Training at RAF base given positive rating by Ofsted
- 2 Man due in court in connection with Norfolk stab attack
- 3 Sex abuse survivor hits out at attacker's sentence
- 4 Family's tribute to 'gentle giant' killed in A134 crash
- 5 Two men arrested on suspicion of money laundering in Thetford
- 6 WATCH: Norfolk troops train ahead of peacekeeping mission in Mali
- 7 Gym becomes community hub with café and barber shop
- 8 The story of Mildenhall's workhouses uncovered after 100 years
- 9 Fighter jets from RAF Lakenheath to fly over London NFL games
- 10 Retired firefighter looks back at four-day Thetford factory blaze 30 years on
Many of the parkrunners were taking part in a 10K for the first time but all completed the race in under 90 minutes.
Thetford Parkrun is held at Abbey Meadows at 9am every Saturday. Register for free and get your own personal barcode at www.parkrun.org.uk/thetford.