Proud day for Watton Rugby Club
WATTON RUGBY CLUB were in exclusive company when they received the RFU Club Accreditation at Twickenham.
The award is a ‘whole club seal of approval’ which has been achieved by only 46 of 1,600 clubs nationwide.
Receiving the award on behalf of the club were Louisa Bayley (Whole Club Seal of Approval manager), Mike Bayley (treasurer), Tony Phillips and Connor Phillips (club coaches.)
The key to achieving the accolade is the club’s small band of passionate and dedicated volunteers, forever striving to drive up standards in community rugby.
The club has an ever-growing junior section in addition to a first and second senior side in the Norfolk Merit Table set-up. The award recognises the committment of the club in developing and implementing policies, nurturing relationships with local schools and colleges, and making a contribution to the local community.
Watton play home fixtures at Watton sports centre and would welcome new players, volunteers and supporters.
The club are hosting their annual President’s match on Saturday, April 28, when officials from Eastern Counties RU will be attending to make a local presentation of the award. Players past and present will be participating.
- 1 Weather warning as thunderstorms set to hit Norfolk
- 2 Power tools stolen after van broken into
- 3 'Blood rain' could fall this week as thunderstorms move in
- 4 From meat in supermarkets to beer in pubs - what is getting more expensive?
- 5 Norfolk football boss 'so proud' after inspiring player to come out
- 6 Blackpool player cites Norfolk footballer as inspiration after coming out
- 7 Police stop 85 vehicles in one day amid safety crackdown
- 8 Police examine CCTV in Thetford rape investigation
- 9 Nominations open for Thetford Business Awards 2023
- 10 Quad bike stolen from home in west Suffolk
For further information go to www.redandblackarmy.co.uk