Promoted Thetford run riot against Harleston Magpies as higher level beckons
- Credit: Archant
Promoted Thetford completed their league season with an emphatic 5-1 win over the bottom-placed team from Harleston Magpies VI.
Reece Laffar smashed in his first for the afternoon from the top of the circle to open his account.
Smith managed a goal after cruising past several defenders and flicking a shot which went under the keeper. Clarke and James Burt created similar chances on their right and provided Laffar with two more goals before half-time.
The second half started in a similar fashion to the first with Laffar adding another after five minutes before he grabbed another.
The tally could have been higher as Josh Laffar and William Rolfe were denied with some excellent goalkeeping.
You may also want to watch:
In all a fine display of passing hockey to complete the season and the home team look in good shape to compete in the higher division next season.
- 1 Wanted man identified after Thetford shop burglary
- 2 Father and son admit handling stolen power tools
- 3 Bryan Cranston to Meghan Markle - how USO show brings stars to our region
- 4 Night out safety advice issued after drink-spiking reports in Norfolk
- 5 Man due in court in connection with Norfolk stab attack
- 6 Work starts on new £4.2m housing project in Norfolk village
- 7 Family's tribute to 'gentle giant' killed in A134 crash
- 8 Four-car crash leaves pregnant woman in hospital
- 9 21-year-old airlifted to hospital after car crashes into trees
- 10 Retired firefighter looks back at four-day Thetford factory blaze 30 years on