Promoted Thetford run riot against Harleston Magpies as higher level beckons
- Credit: Archant
Promoted Thetford completed their league season with an emphatic 5-1 win over the bottom-placed team from Harleston Magpies VI.
Reece Laffar smashed in his first for the afternoon from the top of the circle to open his account.
Smith managed a goal after cruising past several defenders and flicking a shot which went under the keeper. Clarke and James Burt created similar chances on their right and provided Laffar with two more goals before half-time.
The second half started in a similar fashion to the first with Laffar adding another after five minutes before he grabbed another.
The tally could have been higher as Josh Laffar and William Rolfe were denied with some excellent goalkeeping.
You may also want to watch:
In all a fine display of passing hockey to complete the season and the home team look in good shape to compete in the higher division next season.
- 1 Fifteen flood alerts in place amid 'stay indoors' warning
- 2 Parent fined after teens dumped waste at town estate
- 3 Man who drove 128 miles for fish and chips among latest Covid fines
- 4 Heat map images reveal Norfolk's most popular running routes
- 5 School 'relieves stress' for families by loaning laptops in lockdown
- 6 Plans submitted for Center Parcs-inspired retirement village
- 7 Storm Christoph flood fears bring spike in sandbag sales
- 8 Norfolk to get rapid Covid test sites - to find people without symptoms
- 9 Drug-dealers caught in undercover police sting
- 10 Calls for new hardship fund amid Covid impact and tax rise