Promoted Thetford run riot against Harleston Magpies as higher level beckons
- Credit: Archant
Promoted Thetford completed their league season with an emphatic 5-1 win over the bottom-placed team from Harleston Magpies VI.
Reece Laffar smashed in his first for the afternoon from the top of the circle to open his account.
Smith managed a goal after cruising past several defenders and flicking a shot which went under the keeper. Clarke and James Burt created similar chances on their right and provided Laffar with two more goals before half-time.
The second half started in a similar fashion to the first with Laffar adding another after five minutes before he grabbed another.
The tally could have been higher as Josh Laffar and William Rolfe were denied with some excellent goalkeeping.
You may also want to watch:
In all a fine display of passing hockey to complete the season and the home team look in good shape to compete in the higher division next season.
- 1 Fresh calls for Norfolk to move to tier one ahead of key Commons vote
- 2 Hope and caution - How Thetford is preparing to come out of lockdown
- 3 Dozens of new Covid marshals to become 'the eyes and ears of the districts'
- 4 'Disgusting' - councillor slams culprits for defecating on footpaths and in front gardens
- 5 Arrest after man found with wooden baton and £30,000 in cash
- 6 Friends pay tribute to war heroes with walking marathon effort
- 7 Norfolk in Tier 2 of coronavirus restrictions, government confirms
- 8 A1066 to close for five more nights
- 9 Norfolk sees significant falls in Covid cases, figures show
- 10 'He cried, I cried' - Loved ones reunited through care home's pilot test scheme