Powley seals Narborough title triumph
IN the West Norfolk League, Division One champions Grimston completed their season with a victory against Hayley East Anglia.Bircham just came out on top in the relegation battle with Northwold & Leverington.
IN the West Norfolk League, Division One champions Grimston completed their season with a victory against Hayley East Anglia.
Bircham just came out on top in the relegation battle with Northwold & Leverington.
The provisional league positions have Northwold relegated on 169 points with Bircham and Springwood both on 170.
The Creakes secured the Division Two title with a 41-run victory against third-placed Downham B. Denver ended as runners-up with a comprehensive victory against Sheringham A who were out for just 66. Relegated are Heacham and Sheringham A.
You may also want to watch:
Division Three winners Narborough A ended an unbeaten season with a 128-run victory against Swaffham A. Peter Crisp 56 and Gerry Harwood 50 laid the foundations for their 199-5. Guy Powley, 7-11, was in devastating form as Swaffham were all out for 71. Already-promoted Hospital received a walkover against Grimston A.
Hockwold finished in third with an 82-run victory against Necton. Hockwold set Necton a target of 146 to beat, but they fell well short all out for 64.
- 1 Parts of Thetford hit by flooding due to heavy rain
- 2 47 new homes planned for Suffolk village
- 3 Road closed after lorry crashes into tree as one person is trapped inside
- 4 Man rescued from van after collision with tractor
- 5 Family demands answers after 91-year-old dies weighing four stone
- 6 Augmented reality Gruffalo trail launches in forest
- 7 Have your say over future of growing estate
- 8 'Slow down, save lives' - Police launch speed awareness campaign
- 9 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 10 Risk of flooding in parts of region as storms slowly move in
Relegated are Swanton Morley A and Grimston A (team folded).
Beeston, against Division Four winners Hillington A, secured their own promotion. Castle Acre A scored 132-8 before Cameron Bear took 5-20 to help bowl out Gooderstone A for 57.