Photo gallery: Thetford Town 1 Whitton United 1
- Credit: Sonya Duncan
Thetford Town earned a 1-1 draw at Whitton United thanks to James Dean’s first-half strike.
Dean gave his side the lead with an impressive strike but the home side were pegged back in the second half and had to settle for a share of the spoils.
Mark Scott’s, pictured, side have now gone four league games without a win but are sitting comfortably in mid-table, in 12th place.
The Brecklanders are without a game this weekend due to other Thurlow Nunn Premier Division sides being in FA Vase action. Mark Scott’s men bowed out of the competition in the preliminary round after a 3-1 defeat at Peterborough Sports at the start of the month.
The break at least gives Thetford plenty of time to prepare for their next league game on Saturday, November 8 when they travel to high-flying Godmanchester.
Scott will be hoping his side can replicate the form they showed against them earlier in the season when they cruised to a 3-0 victory thanks to goals from Alex McIntosh, Eliott Smith and Dean.
Thetford Town reserves enjoyed a 4-2 win over South Walsham reserves on Saturday and currently sit third in the Anglian Combination Division Six table.
- 1 Cyclist in her 50s dies in A11 crash
- 2 A11 reopens after air ambulance called to crash
- 3 Delays in west Suffolk town after faulty barrier at railway crossing
- 4 Husband sues hospital over 'medical neglect' death of wife
- 5 Man charged with burglaries, dangerous driving and assault
- 6 Norfolk motorcyclist becomes TikTok sensation documenting life on the roads
- 7 Town centre's new café... with a difference
- 8 Police identify suspect over sexual assault at train station
- 9 'He's done it again!': Bowler's delight after going viral for a second time
- 10 Case adjourned for man who admitted £80k fraud
They travel to Necton on Saturday, kick-off 2pm, who lost 3-1 to Corton Seltic on Saturday.