Photo gallery: Thetford Town 1 Whitton United 1
- Credit: Sonya Duncan
Thetford Town earned a 1-1 draw at Whitton United thanks to James Dean’s first-half strike.
Dean gave his side the lead with an impressive strike but the home side were pegged back in the second half and had to settle for a share of the spoils.
Mark Scott’s, pictured, side have now gone four league games without a win but are sitting comfortably in mid-table, in 12th place.
The Brecklanders are without a game this weekend due to other Thurlow Nunn Premier Division sides being in FA Vase action. Mark Scott’s men bowed out of the competition in the preliminary round after a 3-1 defeat at Peterborough Sports at the start of the month.
The break at least gives Thetford plenty of time to prepare for their next league game on Saturday, November 8 when they travel to high-flying Godmanchester.
You may also want to watch:
Scott will be hoping his side can replicate the form they showed against them earlier in the season when they cruised to a 3-0 victory thanks to goals from Alex McIntosh, Eliott Smith and Dean.
Thetford Town reserves enjoyed a 4-2 win over South Walsham reserves on Saturday and currently sit third in the Anglian Combination Division Six table.
- 1 WATCH: 'Selfish' drug-driver ploughs into police detective's vehicle
- 2 Fly-tipper travelled from Welsh border to dump in Norfolk
- 3 Potential for 30C today – but two days of thunderstorms on the way
- 4 Drugs most often seized by Norfolk police revealed
- 5 US servicemen commemorate death of RAF Lakenheath pilot in crash tragedy
- 6 Six figure commitment agreed to pursue Suffolk bus improvement strategy
- 7 Care home creates mini golf course in its garden
- 8 Covid Delta variant cases double in Norfolk
- 9 School praised for 'effective action' to address serious failings
- 10 Should Covid jabs be made mandatory for care home workers?
They travel to Necton on Saturday, kick-off 2pm, who lost 3-1 to Corton Seltic on Saturday.