Photo gallery: Thetford Town 1 Whitton United 1
- Credit: Sonya Duncan
Thetford Town earned a 1-1 draw at Whitton United thanks to James Dean’s first-half strike.
Dean gave his side the lead with an impressive strike but the home side were pegged back in the second half and had to settle for a share of the spoils.
Mark Scott’s, pictured, side have now gone four league games without a win but are sitting comfortably in mid-table, in 12th place.
The Brecklanders are without a game this weekend due to other Thurlow Nunn Premier Division sides being in FA Vase action. Mark Scott’s men bowed out of the competition in the preliminary round after a 3-1 defeat at Peterborough Sports at the start of the month.
The break at least gives Thetford plenty of time to prepare for their next league game on Saturday, November 8 when they travel to high-flying Godmanchester.
You may also want to watch:
Scott will be hoping his side can replicate the form they showed against them earlier in the season when they cruised to a 3-0 victory thanks to goals from Alex McIntosh, Eliott Smith and Dean.
Thetford Town reserves enjoyed a 4-2 win over South Walsham reserves on Saturday and currently sit third in the Anglian Combination Division Six table.
- 1 Friends pay tribute to war heroes with walking marathon effort
- 2 Man fractured partner’s cheekbone after making machete threat to sister
- 3 Why Norfolk districts cannot be in different Covid tiers - yet
- 4 A1066 to close for five more nights
- 5 Call for government to listen to Norfolk over Tier 1 move
- 6 Arrest after man found with wooden baton and £30,000 in cash
- 7 Man attacked and robbed by hooded teen gang
- 8 Several weeks into lockdown, Norfolk sees sharp decline in coronavirus infection rates
- 9 Delay warnings ahead of abnormal load move
- 10 Norfolk in Tier 2 of coronavirus restrictions, government confirms
They travel to Necton on Saturday, kick-off 2pm, who lost 3-1 to Corton Seltic on Saturday.