Personal bests in vests
THETFORD athletes turned out in force recently to compete in the City of Norwich Half-Marathon and 5k race. On an overcast and cold day the Thetford runners all had outstanding runs, with two athletes winning prizes and others setting new personal bests.
THETFORD athletes turned out in force recently to compete in the City of Norwich Half-Marathon and 5k race.
On an overcast and cold day the Thetford runners all had outstanding runs, with two athletes winning prizes and others setting new personal bests.
In the 5km race the results were as follows.
Jason Higgins was the first Thetford runner home in a time of 18 mins 27 secs, followed by Philip Waity in 19:27 and Joseph Kirton in 19:33.
You may also want to watch:
The Thetford ladies enjoyed tremendous success.
Megan Norry, competing in her first 5k road race and one of the youngest competitors, finished in an outstanding time of 20:22 to take second prize in the female category, closely followed by Lucy Tyler taking third prize in 20:23.
- 1 'Shocking destruction' - fury over removal of trees at walking spot
- 2 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: County council election results
- 3 'Vital' washing and cooking facilities to help homeless opens in town
- 4 Norfolk and Suffolk election 2021: No change in Breckland
- 5 Before the blaze: Elveden Forest Center Parcs in its early years
- 6 6 things to do as temperatures set to rise to 21C
- 7 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 8 Emotional great grandma meets nine-month-old twins for first time
- 9 Five rare birds that have been spotted in Norfolk
- 10 Town planning for future of theatre and swimming pool at historic convent
Corrina Smith finished as first over-40 female in a time of 22:43, and Rachel Toms, in her first race in a Thetford vest, finished in 23:26.
In the half marathon, a record field of 2,000 runners took part in the two-lap 13.1 mile race.
First home for Thetford was Stuart Faust in a time of 1 hour 25 minutes 13 seconds.
He was followed by Phil Bower in 1-32:50, Paul Taverner in 1-41:58, Carl Higgins in 1-42:40, Tony Tyler in 1-44:08, Dean Kirton in 1-44:32 and Cliff Lear in 1-45:41.
First home for the Thetford ladies was Hayley Cocksedge in a new personal best time of 1-56:46, followed by Rebekah McNicol in 2-04:33, Rosemary Matlock in 2-11:56, Angela McCarthy in 2-17:24 and Rita Norry in 2-23:05.