Personal bests galore for Thetford AC athletes in East Anglian League
- Credit: Sonya Duncan
Thetford athletes turned out in numbers for the latest round of action in the East Anglian League in Great Yarmouth.
Alicia-Mae Howard kicked off proceedings with a 12th place finish in the Under-11 80-metre sprint in a personal best time of 13.4 seconds.
Also in the sprints, Under-13 Ewan Peck finished fourth in the 100m with a personal best time of 15 seconds while Charlie Garrod finished second in the non-scorers race with a personal best time of 15.2.
Under-15 Josh McGuire ran a personal best time of 14.1 over 100 metres to finish in fifth place. Camila Rosa finished second in the Under-17 women’s race with a time of 13 seconds, also a personal best.
On a day of personal best performances, Under-13 James Peck completed his 200m sprint in a time of 30.9 seconds for second place whilst Ben Peck came eighth in the same race in a personal best of his own of 38 seconds.
Isabel Smythe finished fifth in the Under-13 200m in 31.9. Jessica Norkett’s third place in the Under-15 200m gave her a personal best of 28.5 seconds while Asha Soanes ran 30.1 seconds when finishing in third position in the B string race.
In the middle distance events, Under-11 Daniel Clouston achieved a personal best when clocking 2:02.5 over 600m for ninth place. Under-13 Ben Peck finished second in the 800m with a personal best of 2:45.2 while Ben Garrod won the Under-15 800m in a personal best of 2:25.2.
- 1 Face masks to be compulsory in shops and public transport, PM announces
- 2 Train delays as lorry hits railway bridge
- 3 Crowdfunder for terminally ill mum to fulfil dream of marrying partner
- 4 Police search for owner of puppy lost near Mildenhall
- 5 Final consultation to be undertaken on future of Thetford Market Place
- 6 'She was the glue' - Family's loving tribute to devoted mum Netty
- 7 Concerns raised over plans for holiday cabins at equestrian centre
- 8 Rare chance to rent a 16th century farmhouse overlooking a Norfolk estate
- 9 Motorbike and car crash on A134 near Norfolk village
- 10 Five-year-old child struck by car in Brandon discharged from hospital
Ewan Peck won the Under-13 non-scorers race with a personal best of 3:02.8 and Isabel Smythe recorded a personal best performance of 2:51.4 when finishing second in the 800m.
James Peck won the Under-13 1,500m in a time of 4:58.7 while Charlie Garrod finished third in a personal best of 5:36.2.
Abigail Clouston came second in the Under-13 1500m in a time of 5:29.2.
In the field events, Cameron Try achieved a double personal best, recording a leap of 1.20m in the high jump for third place in the Under-15 event before finishing second in the shot putt competition with a personal best throw of 10.02m.
Try also won the discus competition with a distance of 30.27m. Asha Soanes came second in the Under-15 shot putt competition with a pb throw of 8.83m while Camila Rosa finished second in the Under-17 long jump with a distance of 4.83m.