Personal bests galore for Cycling Club Breckland
The turn in weather conditions could have come at no better time for the riders of Cycling Club Breckland, with their persistence duly rewarded in near perfect racing conditions.
The culmination of countless gruelling rides in wind and rain came to a head in the Midweek Open on one of the region’s fastest courses, the B10/3. Still and warm conditions allowed competition to be tight with the top three separated by only 11 seconds while many riders set impressive personal bests.
CCB’s 14-year-old Declan Davis once again punched well above his weight, setting his fastest-ever time to finish a close second in 21:37. The winner, Scott Davidson of Velo Velocity, finished 10 seconds ahead in first place, with Daniel Collins (King’s Lynn) completing the podium in 21:38.
There were six other personal bests from CCB: Mark Fairhead (22:50), Roger Graham (23:51), Nick Standley (23:52), Roger Walthew (24:49), Andrew Lincoln (25:40) and Henry Periam, who was also the fastest juvenile with 26:58. Other impressive local riders from Anglia Velo were Danny Watkins (a pb of 22:03), Peter James (24:00) and Stephen Penney (29:51).
Glen Tayler of Shorter Rochford paired up with Mark Arnold to win the tandem event in a blistering 17:59, averaging a phenomenal 33.3mph over the 10-mile course.
You may also want to watch:
Elsewhere, Andy Tyler continued his fine return to glory finishing second in the Gt Yarmouth 10-mile time trial with a time of 23:53. The event was won by Stuart Pryce of Strada Sport in 22:36.
- 1 'Shocking destruction' - fury over removal of trees at walking spot
- 2 Family to open cafe named for 'cheeky' twins who fought rare disease
- 3 Emotional great grandma meets nine-month-old twins for first time
- 4 'Vital' washing and cooking facilities to help homeless opens in town
- 5 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: County council election results
- 6 Before the blaze: Elveden Forest Center Parcs in its early years
- 7 Five rare birds that have been spotted in Norfolk
- 8 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 9 6 things to do as temperatures set to rise to 21C
- 10 Town planning for future of theatre and swimming pool at historic convent