Penalty blow for Brandon
BRANDON were denied a point their performance warranted when hosts Hempnall converted a penalty in injury time for a 3-2 win.Town made a bright start and had much the better of the first half, creating some excellent chances, Waites and Poile both going close.
BRANDON were denied a point their performance warranted when hosts Hempnall converted a penalty in injury time for a 3-2 win.
Town made a bright start and had much the better of the first half, creating some excellent chances, Waites and Poile both going close.
It was Hempnall who went in front against the run of play after 20 minutes. Brandon were soon level as Bellingham drove through the home side to set up Waites.
Town continued to press and Sobiechowski hit the post from distance. Town took the lead when Waites grabbed his second and minutes later had a chance to complete his hat-trick but was denied.
You may also want to watch:
The second half saw Town again press early but the key moment came five minutes in when Bellingham received a nasty head wound as he looked to give Town a two-goal cushion.
The home side then took up the attacking mantle and drew level with 20 minutes left.
- 1 Family to open cafe named for 'cheeky' twins who fought rare disease
- 2 Emotional great grandma meets nine-month-old twins for first time
- 3 'Vital' washing and cooking facilities to help homeless opens in town
- 4 'Shocking destruction' - fury over removal of trees at walking spot
- 5 Five rare birds that have been spotted in Norfolk
- 6 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: County council election results
- 7 12 countries announced on travel green list from May 17
- 8 What can't open in Norfolk on May 17 - and why
- 9 Before the blaze: Elveden Forest Center Parcs in its early years
- 10 Mother still 'grieving' for son who suffered life-changing brain injuries in crash
The game was heading for an honourable draw when, in the dying minutes, Brandon were denied a good penalty shout only to see the hosts awarded one minutes later.
A good effort from Dyer could not keep the penalty kick out and Hempnall took the points.
Town will feel aggrieved not to have taken something from the game but their performance was encouraging. This week they travel to Holt.
Elsewhere, Brandon Reserves went down 2-0 at home to AFC Norwich Reserves as the visitors scored twice in the last 10 minutes.