Penalty blow for Brandon
BRANDON were denied a point their performance warranted when hosts Hempnall converted a penalty in injury time for a 3-2 win.Town made a bright start and had much the better of the first half, creating some excellent chances, Waites and Poile both going close.
BRANDON were denied a point their performance warranted when hosts Hempnall converted a penalty in injury time for a 3-2 win.
Town made a bright start and had much the better of the first half, creating some excellent chances, Waites and Poile both going close.
It was Hempnall who went in front against the run of play after 20 minutes. Brandon were soon level as Bellingham drove through the home side to set up Waites.
Town continued to press and Sobiechowski hit the post from distance. Town took the lead when Waites grabbed his second and minutes later had a chance to complete his hat-trick but was denied.
You may also want to watch:
The second half saw Town again press early but the key moment came five minutes in when Bellingham received a nasty head wound as he looked to give Town a two-goal cushion.
The home side then took up the attacking mantle and drew level with 20 minutes left.
- 1 Have your say over future of growing estate
- 2 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 3 'It's killing me': Abuse victim moved into flat with asbestos and mould
- 4 Car crashes into central reservation on A11
- 5 Poultry company owner says food industry is at 'crisis point'
- 6 Where you are most likely to get your bike stolen in Norfolk
- 7 'Like an invasion' - locals speak out over five-day festival
- 8 Abusive man grabbed wife by throat and banged her head on floor
- 9 Parkruns return to Norfolk for first time since Covid
- 10 Pet crematorium plans submitted but residents have air concerns
The game was heading for an honourable draw when, in the dying minutes, Brandon were denied a good penalty shout only to see the hosts awarded one minutes later.
A good effort from Dyer could not keep the penalty kick out and Hempnall took the points.
Town will feel aggrieved not to have taken something from the game but their performance was encouraging. This week they travel to Holt.
Elsewhere, Brandon Reserves went down 2-0 at home to AFC Norwich Reserves as the visitors scored twice in the last 10 minutes.