Pedlars on the road again
Swaffham travel to Cornard in their latest Ridgeons League Division One game on Saturday (ko 3pm).Swaffham Town 1, Great Yarmouth Town 2SWAFFHAM were unable to maintain the consistency of team selection with Stuart Seales, Tom Rainford, David Greenwood, Robbie Howling (injured) and Paul Shafer (suspended) all missing from the squad for Saturday's line-up.
Swaffham travel to Cornard in their latest Ridgeons League Division One game on Saturday (ko 3pm).
Swaffham Town 1, Great Yarmouth Town 2
SWAFFHAM were unable to maintain the consistency of team selection with Stuart Seales, Tom Rainford, David Greenwood, Robbie Howling (injured) and Paul Shafer (suspended) all missing from the squad for Saturday's line-up.
Another very warm afternoon saw a cautious start for both sides with Yarmouth showing the more ambition in a fairly uneventful first half.
You may also want to watch:
The visitors took the lead in the 54th minute, leaving Lee Brookes with no chance in a two-on-one attack.
The scores were levelled eight minutes later when Gavin Norman scored for the Pedlars from the penalty spot after Andrew Hunter was pulled down in the box.
- 1 Body discovered in Thetford Forest Park
- 2 International designer asked to create ambitious vision for Thetford
- 3 Driver had drugs and £300 cash after being stopped on A11
- 4 Ice warning after freezing temperatures overnight
- 5 It's 'a long, long way' until lockdown restrictions are lifted - Hancock
- 6 Missing 84-year-old man found safe and well
- 7 Norfolk woman fined after travelling 200 miles to visit daughter
- 8 Covid led to huge fall in Norfolk parking fines and £1.3m budget hole
- 9 People 'losing patience' with neighbours who flout Covid rules, police say
- 10 Parent fined after teens dumped waste at town estate
Matthew Kenny came on in the 70th minute, for Keith Polski, with plans to change the dynamics of the game but Yarmouth notched up another in the 78th minute.
It could have been three, but once again Brookes came to Swaffham's rescue with a quality save in the dying minutes of the game.
Meanwhile, Swaffham Reserves played Thorpe Village in the first round of the Norfolk Junior Cup and after a goal-less first half went down 3-0.
The Reserves host Hoveton Wherrymen under lights on Friday evening (7.30pm kick-off, entrance �1, 50p under-16/concessions).
The A-team kept honours even away to Dereham Town A with a 1-1 scoreline.
Mark Blockwell scored the goal for the Pedlars.
On Saturday, the A team play Bridgham United at Shoemakers Lane (3pm).
The team's thanks go to the George Hotel and the Greyhound Inn for again providing after-match food and refreshments for the first and reserve teams respectively.
Finally, well done and many thanks to one of the unseen volunteers at the club, Mark Titmarsh (assistant groundsperson), who has cut and prepared the first-team pitch this season.
The visitors to Shoemakers' Lane this season have all commented on the quality of the playing surface.