Pedal power on display
Last Wednesday saw the second five-mile event of Cycling Club Breckland’s club season.
Will Dorsett claimed the win again in a time of 11:18 ahead of the CCB youth cyclist Declan Davis (11:48) and Adam Cross (11:55).
Matt Carter and Danny Watkins battled it out for fourth and fifth with times of 12:19 and 12:28 respectively.
Sixteen-year-old Lewis Long completed his first ever time trial in an excellent time of 14:54 — breaking the 20mph milestone already.
This weekend saw an excellent event on the B254 with a large field from CCB. Andy Tyler led the way in 56:51, from Mark Fairhead; 58:21 and Chris Nudds; 58:33. Laura Gambling finished in 59:48, and Adam Cross, the only junior to ride, set a personal best of 1-00:34.
Elsewhere, Don Saunders and Declan Davis completed the Bolsover Audax in five hours 45 minutes, with only three riders in front of them.
Martin Badham completed a mammoth event in Alfreton, setting a personal best of 17 hours 24 minutes.
- 1 Part of A134 closed after crash between lorry and car
- 2 Woman breaks down in tears as she denies making up sex assaults
- 3 Forest ride in memory of 'lively character' and popular mountain biker
- 4 Waitrose and Halfords recall items over health and safety concerns
- 5 Manchester City owner eyes Norfolk horse racing enterprise
- 6 Weather warning issued as wintry showers expected to cause icy conditions
- 7 Huge farm network is helping rare Brecks wildlife in field margins
- 8 Warning issued over fake Omicron variant test scam
- 9 'Don’t try and book until the NHS says it is your turn' — PM on booster rollout
- 10 Decision delayed on changes at South Norfolk equestrian centre