Oasis of calm for Watton
After the previous week's reverse Watton Squash Club entertained Division Three opponents Oasis II. John Needham recovered after a slow start at 7-2 down to steal the first game 9-7.
After the previous week's reverse Watton Squash Club entertained Division Three opponents Oasis II.
John Needham recovered after a slow start at 7-2 down to steal the first game 9-7. John lost the second 9-6 and in a pivotal close third just lost that 10-9. John took the lead in the fourth but slipped up, eventually losing it 10-9 to go down 3-1.
Dev Mahatme took the first 9-5 but couldn't handle his opponent's hard hitting and lost the next two 9-3, 9-5. He fought back to take the fourth 9-5 to force a decider. Dev came out on top 9-6 to win 3-2. Kevin Blake started strongly, taking the first 9-5. He lost the next 9-6 but reasserted control on the match taking the next two 9-4, 9-3 to come through 3-1.
First-string Paul Goodchild was totally dominant taking the first two 9-2, 9-1. His opponent rallied in the third but Paul won 9-7.
Overall, a 14-6 Watton victory.
Next up for Watton is a trip to Fakenham.
- 1 Part of A134 closed after crash between lorry and car
- 2 Forest ride in memory of 'lively character' and popular mountain biker
- 3 Woman breaks down in tears as she denies making up sex assaults
- 4 Waitrose and Halfords recall items over health and safety concerns
- 5 Manchester City owner eyes Norfolk horse racing enterprise
- 6 Huge farm network is helping rare Brecks wildlife in field margins
- 7 Warning issued over fake Omicron variant test scam
- 8 New rules introduced today in bid to stop Omicron spread
- 9 Decision delayed on changes at South Norfolk equestrian centre
- 10 'Don’t try and book until the NHS says it is your turn' — PM on booster rollout