New running group set up
It's time to put your pins through their paces and unlock the health and social benefits of running. Working in association with NHS Norfolk, England Athletics and Thetford Healthy Towns, Active Norfolk are forming a free beginners' running group in Thetford on Mondays.
It's time to put your pins through their paces and unlock the health and social benefits of running.
Working in association with NHS Norfolk, England Athletics and Thetford Healthy Towns, Active Norfolk are forming a free beginners' running group in Thetford on Mondays.
Called Run-In-Thetford, the aim of the group is to introduce running to beginners in a fun and safe environment.
A spokesman said: “The hour-long sessions are led by two nationally-qualified Run-In-England Tutors who will guide each participant through the skills and knowledge needed to begin and ultimately enjoy running. From how to warm up, stretch and plan your runs at a suitable pace, all aspects are covered. No one will be left behind!
You may also want to watch:
“The sessions are free and the course runs for 10 weeks from January 18th onwards. You can join at anytime and you do not have to complete the whole 10 weeks (although we recommend you do).”
Meet point is Thetford Leisure Centre at 11.30am on Mondays.
- 1 'Shocking destruction' - fury over removal of trees at walking spot
- 2 'Vital' washing and cooking facilities to help homeless opens in town
- 3 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 4 Mini science centre to feature at town's riverside development
- 5 Before the blaze: Elveden Forest Center Parcs in its early years
- 6 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: County council election results
- 7 Mother still 'grieving' for son who suffered life-changing brain injuries in crash
- 8 Wanted man arrested in Dereham
- 9 Suffolk elections 2021: When to expect results
- 10 Logs spill across A47 after lorry and tractor crash
For more information call Nick on 01603 697009 or email email@example.com