New running group set up
It's time to put your pins through their paces and unlock the health and social benefits of running. Working in association with NHS Norfolk, England Athletics and Thetford Healthy Towns, Active Norfolk are forming a free beginners' running group in Thetford on Mondays.
It's time to put your pins through their paces and unlock the health and social benefits of running.
Working in association with NHS Norfolk, England Athletics and Thetford Healthy Towns, Active Norfolk are forming a free beginners' running group in Thetford on Mondays.
Called Run-In-Thetford, the aim of the group is to introduce running to beginners in a fun and safe environment.
A spokesman said: “The hour-long sessions are led by two nationally-qualified Run-In-England Tutors who will guide each participant through the skills and knowledge needed to begin and ultimately enjoy running. From how to warm up, stretch and plan your runs at a suitable pace, all aspects are covered. No one will be left behind!
“The sessions are free and the course runs for 10 weeks from January 18th onwards. You can join at anytime and you do not have to complete the whole 10 weeks (although we recommend you do).”
Meet point is Thetford Leisure Centre at 11.30am on Mondays.
- 1 Homes destroyed after blaze breaks out in terraced housing
- 2 Thetford homes left with 'significant' damage following blaze
- 3 100 East Anglian events you cannot miss this summer
- 4 Heaven & Hell: David Whiteley and Amelia Reynolds
- 5 Man charged after robbing bookmakers with a knife in Suffolk town
- 6 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 7 Man caught drink driving over three times the legal limit in Suffolk town
- 8 Share of £120,000 cash pot on offer to Breckland groups
- 9 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week
- 10 Former military man appointed as council's new chairman
For more information call Nick on 01603 697009 or email email@example.com