New running group set up
It's time to put your pins through their paces and unlock the health and social benefits of running. Working in association with NHS Norfolk, England Athletics and Thetford Healthy Towns, Active Norfolk are forming a free beginners' running group in Thetford on Mondays.
It's time to put your pins through their paces and unlock the health and social benefits of running.
Working in association with NHS Norfolk, England Athletics and Thetford Healthy Towns, Active Norfolk are forming a free beginners' running group in Thetford on Mondays.
Called Run-In-Thetford, the aim of the group is to introduce running to beginners in a fun and safe environment.
A spokesman said: “The hour-long sessions are led by two nationally-qualified Run-In-England Tutors who will guide each participant through the skills and knowledge needed to begin and ultimately enjoy running. From how to warm up, stretch and plan your runs at a suitable pace, all aspects are covered. No one will be left behind!
You may also want to watch:
“The sessions are free and the course runs for 10 weeks from January 18th onwards. You can join at anytime and you do not have to complete the whole 10 weeks (although we recommend you do).”
Meet point is Thetford Leisure Centre at 11.30am on Mondays.
- 1 Parent fined after teens dumped waste at town estate
- 2 Fifteen flood alerts in place amid 'stay indoors' warning
- 3 Man who drove 128 miles for fish and chips among latest Covid fines
- 4 Heat map images reveal Norfolk's most popular running routes
- 5 Plans submitted for Center Parcs-inspired retirement village
- 6 Norfolk to get rapid Covid test sites - to find people without symptoms
- 7 Storm Christoph flood fears bring spike in sandbag sales
- 8 Drug-dealers caught in undercover police sting
- 9 School 'relieves stress' for families by loaning laptops in lockdown
- 10 Calls for new hardship fund amid Covid impact and tax rise
For more information call Nick on 01603 697009 or email email@example.com