National success for Thetford tae kwon-do competitors
- Credit: Submitted
Two martial arts competitors from Thetford have enjoyed success at the Tae Kwon-Do Association of Great Britain British Championships.
Instructor Carl Grimes and student Callum Palmer, from the Mark Farnham Schools of Tae Kwon-Do classes held at Breckland Leisure Centre, were both competing at the Worcester Arena in the West Midlands.
Palmer took first place in both the Cadet Male Red Belt sparring and patterns classes, as well as third place in the Male Red Belt Team sparring. While Thetford instructor Grimes finished first in the Executive Male Black Belt sparring.
With 19 fighting areas running throughout the day, with 1500 competitors and 400 officials, this competition is the biggest of the Tae Kwon-Do year.
Found of the martial arts school, Mark Farnham, said: “What a fantastic result for Thetford, only entering two competitors and returning with four awards, three of them being first place British champions, at such a very high level competition.”
You may also want to watch:
In total there were 40 students and 16 officials from the Mark Farnham Schools of Tae Kwon-Do taking part in the tournament, returning home with 22 awards, including eight first-place British champions.
For more about Mark Farnham Schools of Tae Kwon-Do, visit www.mftkd.co.uk
- 1 Family demands answers after 91-year-old dies weighing four stone
- 2 'Lost a couple of staff members a day' - how the 'pingdemic' is hitting Norfolk
- 3 Road closed after lorry crashes into tree as one person is trapped inside
- 4 Have your say over future of growing estate
- 5 'Slow down, save lives' - Police launch speed awareness campaign
- 6 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 7 'Like an invasion' - locals speak out over five-day festival
- 8 Pony hire business to offer circus shows in your garden
- 9 Risk of flooding in parts of region as storms slowly move in
- 10 Man, 38, in court after stab victim left with leg and stomach wounds