National success for Thetford tae kwon-do competitors
- Credit: Submitted
Two martial arts competitors from Thetford have enjoyed success at the Tae Kwon-Do Association of Great Britain British Championships.
Instructor Carl Grimes and student Callum Palmer, from the Mark Farnham Schools of Tae Kwon-Do classes held at Breckland Leisure Centre, were both competing at the Worcester Arena in the West Midlands.
Palmer took first place in both the Cadet Male Red Belt sparring and patterns classes, as well as third place in the Male Red Belt Team sparring. While Thetford instructor Grimes finished first in the Executive Male Black Belt sparring.
With 19 fighting areas running throughout the day, with 1500 competitors and 400 officials, this competition is the biggest of the Tae Kwon-Do year.
Found of the martial arts school, Mark Farnham, said: “What a fantastic result for Thetford, only entering two competitors and returning with four awards, three of them being first place British champions, at such a very high level competition.”
You may also want to watch:
In total there were 40 students and 16 officials from the Mark Farnham Schools of Tae Kwon-Do taking part in the tournament, returning home with 22 awards, including eight first-place British champions.
For more about Mark Farnham Schools of Tae Kwon-Do, visit www.mftkd.co.uk
- 1 Wanted man identified after Thetford shop burglary
- 2 Father and son admit handling stolen power tools
- 3 Bryan Cranston to Meghan Markle - how USO show brings stars to our region
- 4 Man due in court in connection with Norfolk stab attack
- 5 Work starts on new £4.2m housing project in Norfolk village
- 6 Night out safety advice issued after drink-spiking reports in Norfolk
- 7 Family's tribute to 'gentle giant' killed in A134 crash
- 8 Four-car crash leaves pregnant woman in hospital
- 9 21-year-old airlifted to hospital after car crashes into trees
- 10 Sex abuse survivor hits out at attacker's sentence