Mundford's winning feeling
MUNDFORD Sunday opened the bowling against North Runcton Sunday with new boy Joe Norman (4-31). Starting at a lively pace he soon had the openers in trouble with keeper Cameron McIsaac taking a diving catch off a looping edge early on.
MUNDFORD Sunday opened the bowling against North Runcton Sunday with new boy Joe Norman (4-31).
Starting at a lively pace he soon had the openers in trouble with keeper Cameron McIsaac taking a diving catch off a looping edge early on.
Wickets fell regularly with young Will Egan-Welch taking two for 15 on his senior debut. M Taylor and B Coote held the innings together and Runcton finished on a respectable 208 for eight.
Mundford's reply started shakily with both openers falling in the third over. Fourteen-year-old Cameron McIsaac, batting at number three came to the wicket with the score on six and commenced what was to be a match winning innings.
You may also want to watch:
Well supported by partnerships with Owen Chandler (13), Paul Makin (6), captain Dave Grady (28) and Joe Norman (20 not out) McIsaac played a controlled and mature innings.
Giving the Runcton bowlers very few chances and playing some excellent shots he remained unbeaten on 120 at the finish. He finished with a flourish scoring 25 off his final 10 balls, Mundford winning with 10 balls remaining.
- 1 Man charged with supplying Class A drugs in Thetford
- 2 Schools in Norfolk closed or partially shut due to coronavirus
- 3 'He's a dear little dog' - Thieves steal family pet Arthur
- 4 Viking themed children's play area confirmed at town's historic park
- 5 Rough sleepers' plea to be 'kept inside' as council secures £635k funding
- 6 Shoppers support market town traders as second lockdown lifts
- 7 Parts of Norfolk may see snow by end of the week, say forecasters
- 8 'Disgusting' - councillor slams culprits for defecating on footpaths and in front gardens
- 9 Stephen Fry voices heart-warming animation of rescued blind horse
- 10 Man fractured partner’s cheekbone after making machete threat to sister