Mundford lads reach final again - but it’s not the result they wanted
- Credit: Archant
Mundford Boys U14 took on Woottons U14 in the final of the Mid-Norfolk Youth League Cup.
It was the third consecutive year Mundford have reached the cup final.
However, they encountered a very strong Woottons side this year and were unable to get the result they wanted, with their opponents winning 7-0.
Mundford manager David Bunn said: “It’s disappointing we didn’t get the result today but the boys battled really well.
“It’s a fantastic achievement to get to another cup final and hopefully we can get to our fourth straight final next year.”
You may also want to watch:
Meanwhile, in senior football, in Division Two of the Plastic Trade Frames Bury Sunday League Brandon Town hosted Athletico Liberty who won 4-0.
In Division Four Great Barton were 2-0 winners at Eye Saints and Norfolk Terriers hosted Westbury Wanderers and won 9-1.
- 1 Wanted man identified after Thetford shop burglary
- 2 Brandon bungalow blaze thought to be started by faulty boiler
- 3 Night out safety advice issued after drink-spiking reports in Norfolk
- 4 Man due in court in connection with Norfolk stab attack
- 5 Father and son admit handling stolen power tools
- 6 US Air Force issues warning over increased flying this week
- 7 Work starts on new £4.2m housing project in Norfolk village
- 8 Bryan Cranston to Meghan Markle - how USO show brings stars to our region
- 9 Sex abuse survivor hits out at attacker's sentence
- 10 Family's tribute to 'gentle giant' killed in A134 crash