Mundford lads reach final again - but it’s not the result they wanted
- Credit: Archant
Mundford Boys U14 took on Woottons U14 in the final of the Mid-Norfolk Youth League Cup.
It was the third consecutive year Mundford have reached the cup final.
However, they encountered a very strong Woottons side this year and were unable to get the result they wanted, with their opponents winning 7-0.
Mundford manager David Bunn said: “It’s disappointing we didn’t get the result today but the boys battled really well.
“It’s a fantastic achievement to get to another cup final and hopefully we can get to our fourth straight final next year.”
You may also want to watch:
Meanwhile, in senior football, in Division Two of the Plastic Trade Frames Bury Sunday League Brandon Town hosted Athletico Liberty who won 4-0.
In Division Four Great Barton were 2-0 winners at Eye Saints and Norfolk Terriers hosted Westbury Wanderers and won 9-1.
- 1 Schools in Norfolk closed or partially shut due to coronavirus
- 2 Fresh calls for Norfolk to move to tier one ahead of key Commons vote
- 3 'Disgusting' - councillor slams culprits for defecating on footpaths and in front gardens
- 4 Dozens of new Covid marshals to become 'the eyes and ears of the districts'
- 5 Hope and caution - How Thetford is preparing to come out of lockdown
- 6 Norfolk in Tier 2 of coronavirus restrictions, government confirms
- 7 Arrest after man found with wooden baton and £30,000 in cash
- 8 Care home bosses welcome proposed roll-out of rapid covid tests
- 9 Man fractured partner’s cheekbone after making machete threat to sister
- 10 Shop Local: Council urge shoppers to use market towns this Christmas