Money boost for Thetford
Mick Money has been appointed as Thetford Town first team manager.John Denniss will be his assistant until the end of the season. John Finsham will join Money as his assistant for next season.
Mick Money has been appointed as Thetford Town first team manager.
John Denniss will be his assistant until the end of the season. John Finsham will join Money as his assistant for next season.
Money, who guided Attleborough to the Anglian Combination title, has also had Ridgeons League experience. The club wishes him every success.
Thetford entertained Debenham LC and lost 3-1.
You may also want to watch:
With new manager Mick Money in the dug-out, Town took the game to Debenham, and two early chances for Wood should have given Town the lead.
Town, playing some nice football, kept Debenham on their toes. Mann had an effort just wide before Town took a deserved lead on 23 minutes when a cross from Skipp was chipped back by Bellingham for Armes to head home.
- 1 Have your say over future of growing estate
- 2 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 3 'It's killing me': Abuse victim moved into flat with asbestos and mould
- 4 Poultry company owner says food industry is at 'crisis point'
- 5 Car crashes into central reservation on A11
- 6 Where you are most likely to get your bike stolen in Norfolk
- 7 'Like an invasion' - locals speak out over five-day festival
- 8 Abusive man grabbed wife by throat and banged her head on floor
- 9 Parkruns return to Norfolk for first time since Covid
- 10 Police chief warns of 'inevitable' rise in certain crimes after pandemic
Debenham came into the match and saw an effort come back off a post on 34 minutes.
They equalised on 40 minutes when a free-kick was not cleared and Platt forced the ball home.
The game was lost for Town when a cross was not cleared on 47 minutes for Howling to net, and three minutes later, Kemp turned on the ball and fired home from 25 yards.
Town battled on, but could not find the momentum of the first half and, except for a Wood effort just before the end,
they did not trouble the Debenham defence.
The club thanks Thetford Garden Centre for sponsoring the match.
The first team and reserves have no fixture this weekend.
The first team travel to Stowmarket on Wednesday.