Money boost for Thetford
Mick Money has been appointed as Thetford Town first team manager.John Denniss will be his assistant until the end of the season. John Finsham will join Money as his assistant for next season.
Mick Money has been appointed as Thetford Town first team manager.
John Denniss will be his assistant until the end of the season. John Finsham will join Money as his assistant for next season.
Money, who guided Attleborough to the Anglian Combination title, has also had Ridgeons League experience. The club wishes him every success.
Thetford entertained Debenham LC and lost 3-1.
With new manager Mick Money in the dug-out, Town took the game to Debenham, and two early chances for Wood should have given Town the lead.
Town, playing some nice football, kept Debenham on their toes. Mann had an effort just wide before Town took a deserved lead on 23 minutes when a cross from Skipp was chipped back by Bellingham for Armes to head home.
- 1 Thetford homes left with 'significant' damage following blaze
- 2 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 3 Heaven & Hell: David Whiteley and Amelia Reynolds
- 4 Man charged after robbing bookmakers with a knife in Suffolk town
- 5 Man caught drink driving over three times the legal limit in Suffolk town
- 6 Former military man appointed as council's new chairman
- 7 Two Norfolk spots named among best places in Britain for a weekend break
- 8 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week
- 9 Police stop 85 vehicles in one day amid safety crackdown
- 10 Power tools stolen after van broken into
Debenham came into the match and saw an effort come back off a post on 34 minutes.
They equalised on 40 minutes when a free-kick was not cleared and Platt forced the ball home.
The game was lost for Town when a cross was not cleared on 47 minutes for Howling to net, and three minutes later, Kemp turned on the ball and fired home from 25 yards.
Town battled on, but could not find the momentum of the first half and, except for a Wood effort just before the end,
they did not trouble the Debenham defence.
The club thanks Thetford Garden Centre for sponsoring the match.
The first team and reserves have no fixture this weekend.
The first team travel to Stowmarket on Wednesday.