Mixed fortunes for Staniforth bowls teams
BOWLS: The results have not been going Staniforth A team’s way the last couple of weeks – defeats at North Walsham and home to bottom club Cawston have cost them valuable league points.
Scores: North Walsham: Terry Lamb, Mike Holbrook, Alf Smith, Malcolm Struthers won 22-13; Spencer Stevenson, Eric Melton, Alistair Stevenson, David Betts lost 13-28; Brian Mosby, David Peaks, Alan Byford, Jim Downie lost 18-24; score 53-65 (1-4).
Against Cawston Staniforth again found the going tough, going down 59-64 (1-4).
Scores Brian Mosby, David Peaks, Alan Byford, Jim Downie lost 13-24; Spencer Stevenson, Trevor Bingham, Alistair Stevenson, David Betts lost 16-22; Terry Lamb, Mike Holbrook, Alf Smith, Malcolm Struthers won 30-19.
The B team fared no better when at home to Wicklewood, also going down by 38-74 (0-5).
You may also want to watch:
Scores: Terry Novell, Bill Brame, Derek Leigh, Robert Beattie lost 13-21; Mel Osborn, David Kay, Len Robinson, Walter Pattee lost 10-25; Joe Lawrence, Dennis Branch, Dick Beattie, Ian Watchman lost 15-28.
Away at Shipdham things were much better, the B team winning 67-58 (4-1).
- 1 Family to open cafe named for 'cheeky' twins who fought rare disease
- 2 Emotional great grandma meets nine-month-old twins for first time
- 3 'Vital' washing and cooking facilities to help homeless opens in town
- 4 Five rare birds that have been spotted in Norfolk
- 5 'Shocking destruction' - fury over removal of trees at walking spot
- 6 12 countries announced on travel green list from May 17
- 7 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: County council election results
- 8 What can't open in Norfolk on May 17 - and why
- 9 Before the blaze: Elveden Forest Center Parcs in its early years
- 10 Mother still 'grieving' for son who suffered life-changing brain injuries in crash
Scores: Mel Osborn, David Kay, Len Robinson, John Wright won 32-14; Mick Hassey, Bill Brame, Derek Leigh, Robert Beattie won 22-17; Dennis Branch, Dick Beattie, Ian Watchman, Walter Pattee lost 13-27.
The C team gained some welcome league points when they defeated Dereham St Nicholas 58-44 (4-1).
Scores: Steve Brider, Barry Greenaway, Mike Burrows, Martin Wheeler lost 9-23; Simon Ferney, Gary McGinty, Graham Bradshaw, John Anderson won 21-9; Ray Key, George Farthing, John Kew, Nolan Newbury won 28-12.
Against Harling Rec they lost 55.5-65 (2-3).
Scores: Karel Mikulik, Barry Greenaway, Mike Burrows, Martin Wheeler won 24-20; Ray Key, George Farthing, John Kew lost 10.5-28; Simon Ferney, Gary McGinty, Graham Bradshaw, Nolan Newbury won 21-17.