Mixed finale for Thetford
IT was the final match of the season for Thetford in the Norfolk Darts Super League. The men had a close-fought victory but the ladies lost against a Thorpe team fighting for the Ladies' League title.
IT was the final match of the season for Thetford in the Norfolk Darts Super League.
The men had a close-fought victory but the ladies lost against a Thorpe team fighting for the Ladies' League title.
The men had a good start with Mark Flawn winning in five legs with an average of 22.56.
Thetford lost the next three leaving them requiring to win the final three games for victory.
You may also want to watch:
Jason Mold put in a man-of-the-match performance to win 3-0 with an average of 26.37.
This was followed by wins from Phil Carter (21.89) and the men's captain Gary King (25.91).
- 1 Friends pay tribute to war heroes with walking marathon effort
- 2 Delay warnings ahead of abnormal load move
- 3 'He cried, I cried' - Loved ones reunited through care home's pilot test scheme
- 4 Arrest after man found with wooden baton and £30,000 in cash
- 5 A1066 to close for five more nights
- 6 How will Christmas grottos, nativities and carol singing go ahead?
- 7 Norfolk in Tier 2 of coronavirus restrictions, government confirms
- 8 Man fractured partner’s cheekbone after making machete threat to sister
- 9 Man attacked and robbed by hooded teen gang
- 10 Why Chancellor’s Autumn statement was bad news for millions of pensioners
The ladies lost 4-0 with lady-of- the-match Nikky Watson getting an average of 14.19.
The ladies were boosted by the signing of two new players for next season.
The Thetford squad would like to thank the Thetford Ex-Service Club for their hospitality in hosting the home matches after the team were let down by their previous venue.
All Thetford players are welcome to attend the
NDO annual meeting at the Anglia Windows Club on June 23 at 8pm.
Thetford Results - Men: Mark Flawn 3-2 22.56, Terry Stanmore 1-3 20.86, Paul Goldsmith 2-3 21.77, Dan Mock 2-3 22.06, Jason Mold 3-0 26.37, Phil Carter 3-1 21.89, Gary King 3-0 25.91.
Ladies: Debbie Henderson 1-3 13.28, Rose Morris 1-3 11.14, Nikky Watson 1-3 14.19, Lesley Tyms 0-3 13.03.