Mildenhall pedal power rewarded
Mildenhall Cycling Club celebrated members' achievements of 2009 at a prize presentation/dinner.Mandy Cook took the top award, the Super Champion, based on points awarded for competing in various events and club night attendance.
Mildenhall Cycling Club celebrated members' achievements of 2009 at a prize presentation/dinner.
Mandy Cook took the top award, the Super Champion, based on points awarded for competing in various events and club night attendance.
She also pushed club chairman Barry Archer very hard in the Senior Off-Road Championship, forcing him to share the award that he won outright in 2008!
The winners of the Hill Climb and Grass-Track Championships were no surprise. Former National 8km Grass-Track Champion, Max Pendleton comfortably saw off younger members Keith Richardson and Sarra Boyd on the track at last year's Mildenhall Cycling Rally. Then on Primrose Hill in Moulton the father of Olympic champion Victoria Pendleton had a clear ten-second margin ahead of his closest rival Richard Carrington. The latter though was the fastest club member over 10 and 25 miles.
There was a very welcome return of Anthony Preece to the competitive arena in 2009 and he was rewarded by becoming the Senior Cyclo-Cross Championship.
It is very pleasing that Mildenhall CC is once again, as a result of it's Go-Ride programme, starting to attract younger members. One of those Adam Gough was the Youth Cyclo-Cross and Grass-Track champ.
- 1 Thetford homes left with 'significant' damage following blaze
- 2 Heaven & Hell: David Whiteley and Amelia Reynolds
- 3 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 4 Man charged after robbing bookmakers with a knife in Suffolk town
- 5 Man caught drink driving over three times the legal limit in Suffolk town
- 6 Two Norfolk spots named among best places in Britain for a weekend break
- 7 Former military man appointed as council's new chairman
- 8 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week
- 9 'Blood rain' could fall this week as thunderstorms move in
- 10 Police stop 85 vehicles in one day amid safety crackdown
Awards - Senior Super Champion: Mandy Cook; Veterans' BAR: Simon Larbey; Senior Off-Road: Barry Archer, Mandy Cook; Youth Off-Road: Luke Machin; Senior Cyclo-Cross: Anthony Preece; Youth Cyclo-Cross: Adam Gough; Hill Climb: Max Pendleton; Senior Track: Max Pendleton; Junior Track: Adam Gough; 10-mile scratch: Richard Carrington; 25-mile Henley Cup: Richard Carrington. 50-mile scratch: Simon Larbey.