Miami stars for Dolphins
THETFORD Dolphins hosted the second round of the Norfolk Junior League at Waterworld.The Dolphins squad aged between nine and 12 swam their very best during the night, but unfortunately the team ended up finishing sixth.
THETFORD Dolphins hosted the second round of the Norfolk Junior League at Waterworld.
The Dolphins squad aged between nine and 12 swam their very best during the night, but unfortunately the team ended up finishing sixth.
Miami Pearson, 12, swam outstandingly in 50m backstroke where she won and broke an age group club record in the fantastic time of 34.75. She also swam 50m fly and finished a fine second in a pb of 35.98.
Another great performance was delivered by Taylor Dean, 10, who won the 50m freestyle in an excellent 33.38. Taylor also had another terrific swim during the 50m fly race, where he came a superb second in 37.01.
You may also want to watch:
Connor Walsh, 12, was also in fine form, finishing second in both 100m individual medley (1:20.56) and 50m fly (36.29 pb). Elle Kleinau, 10, finished in a superb second in 50m breaststroke in 44.41 (pb) and third for 50m fly (41.38).
Elle teamed up with Miami, Victoria Root and Sophie Steward to swim in the 12-year 4x25m medley relay and they came a wonderful second.
- 1 Repeat offender given £600 fine for fly-tipping next to public bin
- 2 Man suffers 15cm cut across face in alleged knife attack over drugs
- 3 Woman in 80s suffers 'life-changing' injuries in collision
- 4 Noise warning issued amid RAF Lakenheath flight training
- 5 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 6 The rise and fall of a beloved Norfolk wildlife park
- 7 Candidate says 7,000 rejected ballots shows PCC voting system flawed
- 8 Man stole bicycle from outside town shop
- 9 Mother still 'grieving' for son who suffered life-changing brain injuries in crash
- 10 'Shocking destruction' - fury over removal of trees at walking spot
Murray Burt, 11, swam wonderfully to finish third in 50m breaststroke (45.05 pb) and 50m backstroke (42.67).
Grace McGill, 9, swam well to achieve fourth in 50m backstroke (46.31 pb). Grace teamed up with Ruby Last, Emma King and Emma Lloyd to swim in the nine-year freestyle relay where the team finished in fourth.
Luke Collins, 9, finished in a fine fourth in both 25m fly (19.76 pb) and 50m freestyle (36.22). Luke then swam in the 11-year age group relay team where he teamed up with Murray, Taylor and Rhys Vertigans, 9, and finished fourth for the medley.
The nine-year relay team of Rhys, Stuart Root, Daniel Corbyn and Thomas Cobbold finished fourth in both 25m special relay and freestyle relay. The 12-year relay team saw Connor, Taylor, Murray and Ben Jones finish in fourth for both the medley relay and freestyle relay.
Others swimmers who also attended were Alice Smith, 10, Fiona Byford, 10, Sausha Levy-Tworney, 10, and Kerry Douthwaite, 11.