Matt Smith smashes new time trial record at Cycling Club Breckland event
- Credit: Graham Frost
Cycling Club Breckland promoted a 15 miles time trial on the B15/1 course near Attleborough on the A11.
Although the road surface is poor and, despite a breezy hot evening, many competition records were set.
Fastest rider and event winner was Matthew Smith of Team Bottrill/HSS Hire who smashed the previous course record by just over a minute to finish in a time of 28:29, averaging a staggering fast 31.5mph average speed, Matthew’s time is now the 15 mile competition record. In second place was Team Velovelocity’s Matthew Senter with a time of 30:20 ahead of third-placed Gary Turnock of Finsbury Park CC in a time of 31:29. Team Velovelocity won the team competition and thus set a competition record with Matthew Smith (30:20), Ben Keeley (31:59) and David Procter (31:31).
Stowmarket and District CC rider Verity Smith won the women’s prize with a time of 34:10, well ahead of VC Norwich’s Jen Smart (36:31).
Further records were set by tricycle riders — a team from Lincoln Wheelers set a tricycle team record with combined times from Andy Newham (35:39), Lez Young (39:27) and Pete Holland (46:29). Andy Hinxman riding for DRAG2Zero rode his tricycle to a sole trike competition record of 33.41 and finish 12th overall.
You may also want to watch:
For CC Breckland Chris Nudds is believed to have set an age record with his time of 34:13, Breckland’s event organiser Mark Fairhead finished in 37:58.
- 1 'Shocking destruction' - fury over removal of trees at walking spot
- 2 Emotional great grandma meets nine-month-old twins for first time
- 3 Family to open cafe named for 'cheeky' twins who fought rare disease
- 4 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: County council election results
- 5 'Vital' washing and cooking facilities to help homeless opens in town
- 6 Before the blaze: Elveden Forest Center Parcs in its early years
- 7 Five rare birds that have been spotted in Norfolk
- 8 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 9 6 things to do as temperatures set to rise to 21C
- 10 Town planning for future of theatre and swimming pool at historic convent