Marathon efforts by trio
Senior members of the Thetford AC ran in the Bungay Black Dog marathon and half-marathon. Running through snow and hail showers the Thetford won the fastest ladies' team prize in the marathon.
Senior members of the Thetford AC ran in the Bungay Black Dog marathon and half-marathon.
Running through snow and hail showers the Thetford won the fastest ladies' team prize in the marathon. Their individual times were, Audrey Norbury with a personal best of 4-02, followed by Corrina Smith in a time of 4-13 and Louise Norris, also with a pb of 4-28 (all pictured above).
In the half-marathon Cliff Lear recorded an excellent 1-50:26.
On the same day juniors were out in force at the Peterborough open meeting, with another great number of personal bests.
You may also want to watch:
Results - Daniel Howe 100m 16.6sec pb (7th), 200m 34.7sec pb (3rd) and long jump 3.22m pb (5th); Thomas Kirton 100m 15.8sec pb (4th), 200m 35.4sec pb (4th) and long jump 3.38m pb (3rd); Joseph Kirton 1500m 5:20.47 pb (4th); Georgina Howe hammer 26.03m (2nd) and discus 23.80m (2nd); Lucy Tyler long jump 4.16m pb (5th), high jump 1.25m pb (5th) and 800m 2.39.7m pb (5th); Leanne Parker 100m 14.1sec pb (4th) and long jump 4.06m (6th); Thomas Francis 3000m 9.42min pb (2nd).
- 1 'Shocking destruction' - fury over removal of trees at walking spot
- 2 Family to open cafe named for 'cheeky' twins who fought rare disease
- 3 Emotional great grandma meets nine-month-old twins for first time
- 4 'Vital' washing and cooking facilities to help homeless opens in town
- 5 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: County council election results
- 6 Before the blaze: Elveden Forest Center Parcs in its early years
- 7 Five rare birds that have been spotted in Norfolk
- 8 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 9 6 things to do as temperatures set to rise to 21C
- 10 Town planning for future of theatre and swimming pool at historic convent