Marathon efforts by trio
Senior members of the Thetford AC ran in the Bungay Black Dog marathon and half-marathon. Running through snow and hail showers the Thetford won the fastest ladies' team prize in the marathon.
Senior members of the Thetford AC ran in the Bungay Black Dog marathon and half-marathon.
Running through snow and hail showers the Thetford won the fastest ladies' team prize in the marathon. Their individual times were, Audrey Norbury with a personal best of 4-02, followed by Corrina Smith in a time of 4-13 and Louise Norris, also with a pb of 4-28 (all pictured above).
In the half-marathon Cliff Lear recorded an excellent 1-50:26.
On the same day juniors were out in force at the Peterborough open meeting, with another great number of personal bests.
You may also want to watch:
Results - Daniel Howe 100m 16.6sec pb (7th), 200m 34.7sec pb (3rd) and long jump 3.22m pb (5th); Thomas Kirton 100m 15.8sec pb (4th), 200m 35.4sec pb (4th) and long jump 3.38m pb (3rd); Joseph Kirton 1500m 5:20.47 pb (4th); Georgina Howe hammer 26.03m (2nd) and discus 23.80m (2nd); Lucy Tyler long jump 4.16m pb (5th), high jump 1.25m pb (5th) and 800m 2.39.7m pb (5th); Leanne Parker 100m 14.1sec pb (4th) and long jump 4.06m (6th); Thomas Francis 3000m 9.42min pb (2nd).
- 1 Training at RAF base given positive rating by Ofsted
- 2 Man due in court in connection with Norfolk stab attack
- 3 Sex abuse survivor hits out at attacker's sentence
- 4 Family's tribute to 'gentle giant' killed in A134 crash
- 5 Two men arrested on suspicion of money laundering in Thetford
- 6 WATCH: Norfolk troops train ahead of peacekeeping mission in Mali
- 7 Gym becomes community hub with café and barber shop
- 8 The story of Mildenhall's workhouses uncovered after 100 years
- 9 Fighter jets from RAF Lakenheath to fly over London NFL games
- 10 21-year-old airlifted to hospital after car crashes into trees