Malik Lock wins award after breaking Thetford RUFC tries record
Thetford RUFC capped a very successful season with their annual presentation night at the club.
The club’s first and second teams both won there respective leagues as well as the Norfolk Junior Cup, the Crowley Cup and the plate at the Swaffham Sevens.
First XV awards went to Malik Lock (leading try scorer), Dan Cotton (most improved player), Ryan Gardiner (players’ player of the year), Sean Groombridge (player of the year).
Malik Lock also claimed a club record after scoring 33 tries for the first XV in Eastern Counties Two this season, breaking the previous club record of 27 from Dave Tanner.
Josh Clark also scored 26 first XV tries this season and Lock scored 44 in total, when including second XV games.
You may also want to watch:
Second XV awards went to Barrie Scott (leading try scorer), Josh Cousins (most improved player), Gary Lawrence (players’ player of the year and club man of the year), Danny McKenzie (player of the year).Ash Cotton (Coach’s Merit Award)
Gary Lawrence also claimed the club man of the year award and a special award was made to treasurer Gary Lee for his commitment to the club.
- 1 Thetford man charged with abduction of 17-year-old girl
- 2 'Ugly' Norfolk pub fight was sparked by act of revenge, court hears
- 3 Drivers delayed following accident in Brandon
- 4 Thetford man wanted in connection with assault
- 5 Island park to be named in honour of town's Sikh links
- 6 Sugar beet price shoots up - but not all Suffolk farmers are won over
- 7 Police appeal for dashcam footage after man died on A11
- 8 Neil, 85, touches hearts after taking part in memory walk for residents
- 9 Two 'cowardly bullies' sentenced for Christmas attack at Center Parcs
- 10 Five cars and a horsebox involved in crash near RAF base