Luke's silver success
Four Thetford Dolphin swimmers attended the ASA East Region 2008 Winter Championships held in Norwich over the weekend. The Level One competition sees the very best swimmers from around the region competing against each other in two age groups - Juniors (15/u) and Open Age.
Four Thetford Dolphin swimmers attended the ASA East Region 2008 Winter Championships held in Norwich over the weekend.
The Level One competition sees the very best swimmers from around the region competing against each other in two age groups - Juniors (15/u) and Open Age.
Luke Walsh, 15, came home with a much-treasured silver medal in the Junior age group for the 100m individual medley race (1:04.75), and he also smashed the club's age group record in the process. Luke also broke the club record while swimming in the heat for the 50m fly race (28.27) and then went on to break the record again while swimming in the final (28.09), where he finished in fourth place.
The next event for Luke was the 50m freestyle race, which saw him smash yet another club record in the amazing time of 26.35. Luke also swam the 100m freestyle race (57.97) and the 200m individual medley race, where he achieved a new personal best time of 2:19.93, finishing in seventh.
You may also want to watch:
Daniel Clucas, 15, competed in the 50m freestyle race where he achieved a terrific new personal best time of 26.52.
Daniel teamed up with Luke, Ben Kleinau, 14, and James Martin, 17, to compete in the 4x100m medley relay race, where the quartet achieved an amazing five-second PB of 4:25.16. Daniel swam the backstroke leg (1:08.59), Ben swam breaststroke (1:15.33), Luke swam the fly (1:03.13) and James finished up with freestyle leg (58.11).
- 1 Family to open cafe named for 'cheeky' twins who fought rare disease
- 2 Emotional great grandma meets nine-month-old twins for first time
- 3 'Vital' washing and cooking facilities to help homeless opens in town
- 4 Five rare birds that have been spotted in Norfolk
- 5 'Shocking destruction' - fury over removal of trees at walking spot
- 6 12 countries announced on travel green list from May 17
- 7 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: County council election results
- 8 What can't open in Norfolk on May 17 - and why
- 9 Before the blaze: Elveden Forest Center Parcs in its early years
- 10 Mother still 'grieving' for son who suffered life-changing brain injuries in crash
Head coach Terry Clucas said he was delighted with the performance from the boys.