Longham come out in top at Watton in league’s match of day
- Credit: Archant
Barnes Print Central and South Norfolk League Division One leaders Longham visited previously unbeaten Watton Reserves and won 4-2.
Dereham Taverners ran up the highest score of the day with an 11-3 victory at Sporle, a result which lifted them up to second place. Shipdham drew 4-4 at home to Hethersett Athletic and move up to third.
Hethersett Athletic OB beat Mulbarton Wanderers A 2-1 and Rockland United and North Elmham shared the spoils in a 1-1 draw.
In Division Three East, Hockering Reserves beat Taverham 6-3 and moved above them in the table.
In the one match in Division Three West, Tugas United beat Hingham Athletic Reserves by the odd goal of three to maintain their 100pc record.
In the third round of the Mervyn Lambert Plant Hire Pease League Cup, Yaxham Reserves won 7-4 away at Bacton, Briston Reserves beat Bowthorpe Rovers 5-4 on penalties after a 2-2 draw and Longham Reserves beat AFC Weeting 4-3. Redgrave Rangers netteed six without reply from Necton Reserves while Wensum Albion won 4-3 at Cockers after extra-time.
In Group A of the Co-Dunkall Junior League Cup, Morley Village beat Attleborough Town A 2-1 and are now joint second in the table.
- 1 Two people taken to hospital after van rolls over in Lynford crash
- 2 Cash machines stolen in ram raid at Tesco in Brandon
- 3 Ever fancied being a real life CSI? Now's your chance!
- 4 Tesco supermarket in Brandon reopens after cash machines ram raid
- 5 Revealed: No one has paid £10,000 fines issued for breaking Covid rules
- 6 Noise warning issued due to increased flying over RAF Lakenheath
- 7 Devastated family wrongly told prisoner hanged himself weeks before release
- 8 Council buys disused building to regenerate town's riverfront
- 9 Fake Dyson Airwrap and Primark baby toy among recent recalled items
- 10 How Covid restrictions will change in England this week
In Group A of the Woodbridge Engineering Primary League Cup, Bar 33 beat Tacolneston Reserves 4-1 to go top while Bridgham United won by the only goal of the game at Mundford Exiles. In Group B, Briston beat UEA A by the odd goal of three to stay top of the table while Castle Acre Swifts Reserves vastly improved their goal difference with a 9-1 win at Dereham Taverners Reserves and are now second in the table.
In Group C, Norwich Medics won 4-0 at Brandon Town Reserves and continue to lead the group table and Hockering won an exciting match at Yaxham by the odd goal of nine to move up to second place.
Meanwhile Bradenham Wanderers’ excellent run in the Premier Division of the Anglian Combination came to an end on Saturday when they were beaten 2-1 at home by Waveney, George Watts-Sturrock scoring what proved to be a consolation goal.
Bradenham remain second in the table but all their rivals from games in hand. They travel to Hellesdon on Saturday.