Lola's Lynn haul
It has been a fantastic weekend for Lola Brown.The Thetford youngster competed at the Kuk Sool Won European martial arts championships held in King's Lynn on Saturday and came away with three silver medals.
It has been a fantastic weekend for Lola Brown.
The Thetford youngster competed at the Kuk Sool Won European martial arts championships held in King's Lynn on Saturday and came away with three silver medals.
This was the 12-year-old's first Kuk Sool Won tournament and although she was very nervous she competed well in a very large group of similar aged yellow belts. The medals were for traditional Korean forms, self defence techniques and sparring.
Lola, who recently received her black belt in kick boxing, said: “The competition was fierce, especially from the boys, but I remembered what had been taught by my instructor Master Darren and tried my hardest.”
You may also want to watch:
Lola's dad Pete Brown said he couldn't be prouder of his little girl. “She has only been learning Kuk Sool Won for a few months and to get three medals out of three on her first attempt is a real accomplishment.”
Lola attends her lessons at Lakenheath under the instruction of 5th degree Master Darren Hart.
- 1 Drivers delayed following accident in Brandon
- 2 Island park to be named in honour of town's Sikh links
- 3 Police appeal for dashcam footage after man died on A11
- 4 Thetford Forest invites runners to enjoy fresh air and scenery
- 5 Huge blast proof bunker with acre of land for sale by auction
- 6 Farm's 'Goats at Home' service booms after lockdown
- 7 Thetford man wanted in connection with assault
- 8 Concerns wait for plan review could open door to 'aggressive' development
- 9 Caroline Flack's mum to open 'grief café' in Norfolk
- 10 'Beers, big TVS and men's mental health': New barbershop to open in town