Lola's Lynn haul
It has been a fantastic weekend for Lola Brown.The Thetford youngster competed at the Kuk Sool Won European martial arts championships held in King's Lynn on Saturday and came away with three silver medals.
It has been a fantastic weekend for Lola Brown.
The Thetford youngster competed at the Kuk Sool Won European martial arts championships held in King's Lynn on Saturday and came away with three silver medals.
This was the 12-year-old's first Kuk Sool Won tournament and although she was very nervous she competed well in a very large group of similar aged yellow belts. The medals were for traditional Korean forms, self defence techniques and sparring.
Lola, who recently received her black belt in kick boxing, said: “The competition was fierce, especially from the boys, but I remembered what had been taught by my instructor Master Darren and tried my hardest.”
You may also want to watch:
Lola's dad Pete Brown said he couldn't be prouder of his little girl. “She has only been learning Kuk Sool Won for a few months and to get three medals out of three on her first attempt is a real accomplishment.”
Lola attends her lessons at Lakenheath under the instruction of 5th degree Master Darren Hart.
- 1 Mother still 'grieving' for son who suffered life-changing brain injuries in crash
- 2 Mini science centre to feature at town's riverside development
- 3 Before the blaze: Elveden Forest Center Parcs in its early years
- 4 A11 reopens following earlier collision
- 5 Garden centre launches outdoor eating with wood-fired pizza and waffles
- 6 Norfolk County Council elections 2021: Who is standing in Breckland?
- 7 Man found near air base with gun, axe and lock knife sentenced
- 8 Warning over con artists trying 'council tax' scam in Norfolk
- 9 Military drones to fly above Norfolk RAF base
- 10 American marines fly to Suffolk to join Dambusters on new aircraft carrier