Lola's Lynn haul
It has been a fantastic weekend for Lola Brown.The Thetford youngster competed at the Kuk Sool Won European martial arts championships held in King's Lynn on Saturday and came away with three silver medals.
It has been a fantastic weekend for Lola Brown.
The Thetford youngster competed at the Kuk Sool Won European martial arts championships held in King's Lynn on Saturday and came away with three silver medals.
This was the 12-year-old's first Kuk Sool Won tournament and although she was very nervous she competed well in a very large group of similar aged yellow belts. The medals were for traditional Korean forms, self defence techniques and sparring.
Lola, who recently received her black belt in kick boxing, said: “The competition was fierce, especially from the boys, but I remembered what had been taught by my instructor Master Darren and tried my hardest.”
You may also want to watch:
Lola's dad Pete Brown said he couldn't be prouder of his little girl. “She has only been learning Kuk Sool Won for a few months and to get three medals out of three on her first attempt is a real accomplishment.”
Lola attends her lessons at Lakenheath under the instruction of 5th degree Master Darren Hart.
- 1 7 of the best indoor activities in Norfolk
- 2 Man in critical condition after being stabbed in Thetford
- 3 Warning over 'Amazon' cold call recordings scam in Norfolk
- 4 Masked burglar hit victim with fake gun and threatened to shoot family dog
- 5 'Max Factor lady' - Tributes to adored gran who died in M11 layby
- 6 Flood-torn community 'in fear' every time it rains
- 7 Town's county councillors vow to tackle neglected underpasses
- 8 Flowers and windmill stolen from baby's grave
- 9 Norfolk police ready extra officers for delayed Covid 'Freedom Day'
- 10 WATCH: 'Selfish' drug-driver ploughs into police detective's vehicle