Lingard and McAlinden take the spoils at Thetford Golf Club
- Credit: Archant
Mark Lingard and Tim McAlinden won Thetford Golf Club’s Nunthorpe Cup, a four-ball better-ball Stableford competition, with a total of 44 points.
There was a birdie at the par-five sixth on the way to 24 points on the front nine and another birdie at the short 16th kept them ahead.
They finished two ahead of Phil Beer and Mike Horley and Terry Stephenson and Jake Barker, who both came in with 42.
In the Norfolk Handicap League on Saturday Thetford lost 3.5-0.5 away to Barnham Broom, with Peter Croker and John Ward the only pair to avoid defeat — and they halved their match.
In the Norfolk Ladies’ CGA League Division Three Thetford scored an emphatic 5.5-1.5 win at home to Eaton II. Shelly Pleasance, Kath Malvern, Julie Arthur, Sue Pitcher and Moira Morgan won their matches and Sheena Setchell secured a half, with five of the games going to the 17th green or beyond.
You may also want to watch:
In friendlies Thetford’s men secured a win away to King’s Lynn and halved their match away to Sheringham while Thetford Seniors lost 4.5-1.5 away to Gog Magog.
The May Midweek Medal was won by Ian Farnham with 78-5-73 on countback from Paul Garnham (10 handicap) and Lewis King (12).
- 1 Council splashes out £780,000 on agile working
- 2 Thetford counts costs after 5cm of rain falls in 30 minutes
- 3 'It did not deliver': Glamping site vows to improve after guests hit out
- 4 Covid infection rates plummet in Norfolk
- 5 7 things every child in Norfolk should do before they are five
- 6 Vast farm network aims to be a trailblazer for wildlife
- 7 Man dumped rubbish at beauty spot after he 'forgot to put his bins out'
- 8 Suffolk serviceman named among America's top 12 airmen
- 9 Norfolk's police deal with sharp rise in mental health-related callouts
- 10 Clean-up operation begins as town 'flooded completely' by heavy rain