Liam tops our roll of honour - twice
It's that time of year again when the best batsmen and bowlers in Norfolk and north Suffolk are saluted for their outstanding performances.The Archant cricket roll of honour has been running all summer in our weekly titles, featuring the best few performances of each week in each circulation area.
It's that time of year again when the best batsmen and bowlers in Norfolk and north Suffolk are saluted for their outstanding performances.
The Archant cricket roll of honour has been running all summer in our weekly titles, featuring the best few performances of each week in each circulation area.
The beauty of this feature is that it can be won by players of any age and any level in a bona fide competition - from schoolboys to professionals.
The winners this year included Liam Conroy of Thetford Sunday, who had the best batting figures of 155 not out in mid May against Swaffham and also the best bowling display, taking six wickets for 17 runs against North Runcton at the end of August.
Winners will receive, through the post, a special certificate to mark their achievements.
Richard Willner, Archant Norfolk Head of Sport, said: “Congratulations to all the winners for their exceptional performances.
- 1 Woman accused of stealing £11k of printer ink across East Anglia
- 2 Driver sustains neck injuries in two-vehicle crash near Thetford
- 3 Schoolgirl racially abused by boys in Mildenhall play park
- 4 The artist who paints portraits to honour frontline workers
- 5 Aldi chocolate and yoghurts containing metal among recent recalled products
- 6 Robber armed with Taser steals cash from Mildenhall shop
- 7 'Dishonest to the core' burglar jailed for four years
- 8 The photographer with an eye for catching dogs in flight
- 9 Man who may pose risk to children could be in Norfolk or Suffolk
- 10 Jab campaign focuses on vaccine-hesitant hotspots
“There is something particularly satisfying in being able to highlight the kind of guy who has been doing his very best for his home village or town for many years without making it into the 'big time'.
“That unsung hero deserves his moment of glory every bit as much as someone whose prowess at his chosen discipline gets far wider recognition. It's a moment to cherish.”
Roll of honour
Best batsman: Andy Wright (Hingham A) 197
Best bowler: Tim Courridge (Mellis) 7-6
Best batsman: Liam Conroy (Thetford Sunday)
155 not out
Best bowler: Liam Conroy (Thetford Sunday) 6-17
North Norfolk News
Best batsman: David Yarham (Bradfield Sunday) 209
Best bowler: Paul Reeve (Aldborough) 8-30
Best batsman: Gary Knowles (Gt Witchingham) 170
Best bowler: Brett Gates (Bradenham A) 7-16
Beccles and Bungay Journal
Best batsman: Tom York (Bungay Sunday) 194
Best bowler: Alex Taylor (Hales Colts) 8-28
Great Yarmouth Mercury
Best batsman: Geoffrey Handley (Acle) 200 not out
Best bowler: Gary Thompson (Great Yarmouth) 7-45
Best batsman: Craig Guy (Kirkley & Lowestoft Railway Sunday) 194
Best bowler: Peter Sims (Lowestoft Town) 7-29