League nets sponsorship deal
A Thetford-based youth football league has secured a sponsorship deal from a new and growing sports kit business based in Dereham. Rashes Green based 4sports, part of the ECS Group, has become the sponsors of the South Norfolk Youth League U8, U11 and U14 for the next season.
A Thetford-based youth football league has secured a sponsorship deal from a new and growing sports kit business based in Dereham.
Rashes Green based 4sports, part of the ECS Group, has become the sponsors of the South Norfolk Youth League U8, U11 and U14 for the next season.
ECS' other firm 4Work will sponsor the U9s and U12s and another firm under the group, 4Trophies will sponsor the U10 and U13 teams.
The league has some 88 teams playing football within a competitive but friendly league, the emphasis always on the footballers, some 1,400 children aged from seven to 15.
You may also want to watch:
It includes teams in Mattishall, Shipdham, Watton, Wymondham, East Harling, Cringleford, Thetford and more.
Paul Amos, chairman of the South Norfolk Youth League, said he was delighted about the deal.
- 1 'Shocking destruction' - fury over removal of trees at walking spot
- 2 'Vital' washing and cooking facilities to help homeless opens in town
- 3 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 4 Mini science centre to feature at town's riverside development
- 5 Before the blaze: Elveden Forest Center Parcs in its early years
- 6 Mother still 'grieving' for son who suffered life-changing brain injuries in crash
- 7 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: County council election results
- 8 Wanted man arrested in Dereham
- 9 Logs spill across A47 after lorry and tractor crash
- 10 Suffolk elections 2021: When to expect results
“The fact that 4Sports, a new business, has decided to support us in this way is wonderful news to everyone involved in the league. “Next season each of boys and girls will be playing in the 4Sports U8 through to U15s.”
Gary Cockaday, one of the 4Sports directors, said: “When approached, we took the chance to invest in youth football, knowing the league and the people who make it happen, we knew it was a chance to ally what is a new venture for us with a well-liked and respected league.”
4Sports is part of the established ECS group and makes team kits, accessories and equipment to football, hockey, cricket, rugby and netball teams.