Late penalty secures Brandon draw
A last-minute penalty converted by Shane Leech earned Brandon a deserved point at North Walsham. A bright start from the visitors saw them pass and move with great fluency and the opening stages were played in the Walsham half.
A last-minute penalty converted by Shane Leech earned Brandon a deserved point at North Walsham.
A bright start from the visitors saw them pass and move with great fluency and the opening stages were played in the Walsham half.
Wright's header hit the bar from a corner and Waites turned the ball wide after carving out an opening. Brandon wasted several free-kicks from good positions and need to make their dominance count in games as they went in at half-time goalless.
The second half saw a rejuvenated North Walsham come into the game more and they took the lead on 56 minutes after some moderate defending by Brandon.
The goal seemed to lift the hosts and Brandon lacked their first half fluency.
Peckham was introduced and did well as Brandon searched for an equaliser. In the last minute Wright hit the post from close range and Sobiechowski was brought down following up and the official gave a penalty.
- 1 Woman accused of stealing £11k of printer ink across East Anglia
- 2 Driver sustains neck injuries in two-vehicle crash near Thetford
- 3 Aldi chocolate and yoghurts containing metal among recent recalled products
- 4 The photographer with an eye for catching dogs in flight
- 5 Schoolgirl racially abused by boys in Mildenhall play park
- 6 Robber armed with Taser steals cash from Mildenhall shop
- 7 'Dishonest to the core' burglar jailed for four years
- 8 The artist who paints portraits to honour frontline workers
- 9 Man who may pose risk to children could be in Norfolk or Suffolk
- 10 Person taken to hospital after farm vehicle crashes into wall
Leech duly converted and in a tense finish Waites was upended in the area but played was waved on and the game ended honours even.