Late penalty secures Brandon draw
A last-minute penalty converted by Shane Leech earned Brandon a deserved point at North Walsham. A bright start from the visitors saw them pass and move with great fluency and the opening stages were played in the Walsham half.
A last-minute penalty converted by Shane Leech earned Brandon a deserved point at North Walsham.
A bright start from the visitors saw them pass and move with great fluency and the opening stages were played in the Walsham half.
Wright's header hit the bar from a corner and Waites turned the ball wide after carving out an opening. Brandon wasted several free-kicks from good positions and need to make their dominance count in games as they went in at half-time goalless.
The second half saw a rejuvenated North Walsham come into the game more and they took the lead on 56 minutes after some moderate defending by Brandon.
You may also want to watch:
The goal seemed to lift the hosts and Brandon lacked their first half fluency.
Peckham was introduced and did well as Brandon searched for an equaliser. In the last minute Wright hit the post from close range and Sobiechowski was brought down following up and the official gave a penalty.
- 1 Thetford man wanted in connection with assault
- 2 'Beers, big TVS and men's mental health': New barbershop to open in town
- 3 Two 'cowardly bullies' sentenced for Christmas attack at Center Parcs
- 4 Teen to mark first ever flight - by jumping out of the plane for charity
- 5 New £39million hub officially opens to the public
- 6 Hotel owner providing free lunches for those in need
- 7 Norfolk nursery nominated for national award
- 8 Teen stabbed in Thetford
- 9 Part of A11 closed due to crash involving motorbike
- 10 A11 reopens after pigs escaped onto road
Leech duly converted and in a tense finish Waites was upended in the area but played was waved on and the game ended honours even.