Late leveller blow for Brandon
Brandon Town 1, Loddon United 1BRANDON Town conceded an equaliser with five minutes remaining to drop two points against Loddon United.A particularly forgettable first half saw little incident of note and scoring opportunities were at a premium.
Brandon Town 1, Loddon United 1
BRANDON Town conceded an equaliser with five minutes remaining to drop two points against Loddon United.
A particularly forgettable first half saw little incident of note and scoring opportunities were at a premium.
The best opportunity fell to the visitors from a corner as a free header went wide, but neither side showed any great endeavour in the opening period.
Town came out in more determined fashion after the break - within five minutes they had claimed the lead.
Good work from Fowler and Williams down the right gave Peckham a simple chance at the back post that he readily converted. Town enjoyed a good period and Kent was denied by an excellent save.
- 1 Thetford pupil Oxford-bound after hat-trick of A* grades
- 2 A-levels 2022: All the results from Norfolk and Waveney
- 3 Council’s wildlife camera stolen from conservation area
- 4 West Norfolk village pub to reopen as bed and breakfast after sale
- 5 How a new Norfolk forest helped heal the nation's timber industry
- 6 Product sold at Tesco recalled due to risk of disease-causing bacteria
- 7 Truss claims UK workers need 'more graft' in leaked statement
- 8 'Help yourself' - farmer gives away tonnes of onions damaged by heatwave
- 9 Parish council weighs in on row over 'rollercoaster' racking
- 10 Norfolk Restaurant Week returning for 2022 with discounts across county
Loddon did well to stay in the match as they were pressed back and the keeper was called into action on several occasions. Meanwhile, Town looked comfortable at the back but the lack of a second goal ultimately proved costly.
Persistence earned Loddon a corner and from the ensuing set piece Marjoribanks fired home through a crowded area to pull the visitors level.
Town had a good chance to win it from a Procopio throw, Edwards headed onto the near post but there was no one to tap the ball in.
A disappointing result for the home side but the visitors' resilience earned them a point as much as Brandon's lack of the killer instinct.
Meanwhile, Brandon Reserves drew 1-1 at Poringland Wanderers Reserves with Shaun Field scoring, although they too were denied victory by a late equaliser.