Kane proves able in black belt grading
Kane Vincent, who trains at Thetford and Weeting PKA kickboxing clubs, has achieved his black belt.
He travelled over two hours to get to Grantham, Lincolnshire for the black belt grading.
Over 30 keen martial artists from around the country attended with hopes of passing this test that would see them having the honour of wearing the internationally renowned Black Belt.
The grading was gruelling and everybody involved were pushed to their limits for two and a half hours showing power, precision, balance, coordination and technical excellence.
In order to pass such a demanding test Kane had to train like a boxer preparing for a prize fight.
You may also want to watch:
A plan was drawn up six months in advance to prepare his cardio-vascular strength, power, flexibility and fine-tune his technical abilities.
In addition to Kane’s regular classes, 4th Dan instructor Steven Bennett spent 15 minutes after each lesson coaching him, making sure that all aspects of Kane’s preparation were covered.
- 1 Family's tribute to 'gentle giant' killed in A134 crash
- 2 Gym becomes community hub with café and barber shop
- 3 Two men arrested on suspicion of money laundering in Thetford
- 4 Retired firefighter looks back at four-day Thetford factory blaze 30 years on
- 5 Four-car crash leaves pregnant woman in hospital
- 6 Cat left 'terrified' after being dumped next to road by driver
- 7 Pretty town centre terrace is for sale by auction - and it needs doing up!
- 8 21-year-old airlifted to hospital after car crashes into trees
- 9 The story of Mildenhall's workhouses uncovered after 100 years
- 10 New community hub for Thetford after girl's terrifying attack
Kane trained at home and at the weekends with his dad. All this gave Kane the right balance needed to impress the examiner.
Kane has been training in PKA Kickboxing since 2007. He quickly progressed through the grades and became a regular competitor of the PKA nationals improving year after year.
His speed, accuracy and stunning display of advanced techniques show his competitors that Kane Vincent is a force to be reckoned with. If he continues on this trend then he will soon be coming home with medals.
Aged 11, Kane is the youngest Black Belt Steven Bennett has trained in his 10 years’ experience.
Bennett said: “Kane is the 12th Black Belt I’ve trained and shows a maturity beyond his years and is a credit to his generation. We are all very proud of him. Congratulations.”
For information about ongoing beginners’ kickboxing classes contact Steven Bennett on 07759 436272.