Jackson at the double as Swaffham get off to a winning pre-season start
- Credit: Archant
Swaffham Town got their pre-season campaign off to a winning start, beating Attleborough Town 3-1 thanks to a Joe Jackson brace and a Blake Stangroome strike.
It proved a busy Saturday as the Pedlars ran out convincing 5-1 winners over Leverington.
A hat-trick for Alex Vincent did the damage whilst Alan Woodcock and Nathan Trundle were also on the scoresheet.
The Reserves played Leverington Reserves as part of this double header and finished with a better score sheet than the first team, 7-0 the result.
The goals came from Korbin Willis (two), Sam Loomes, Sam Carter, Dyyan Andonov, Cameron Lee and Curtis Kallaby.
You may also want to watch:
This Saturday Gorleston are the visitors to the Lane, kick-off 3pm and the reserves are also in action next Saturday, away to Necton.
The following Tuesday the first team travel to Peterborough North Star and the Under 18s commence their pre-season with a home game against Norwich United.
- 1 Family to open cafe named for 'cheeky' twins who fought rare disease
- 2 Emotional great grandma meets nine-month-old twins for first time
- 3 'Vital' washing and cooking facilities to help homeless opens in town
- 4 'Shocking destruction' - fury over removal of trees at walking spot
- 5 Five rare birds that have been spotted in Norfolk
- 6 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: County council election results
- 7 12 countries announced on travel green list from May 17
- 8 What can't open in Norfolk on May 17 - and why
- 9 Before the blaze: Elveden Forest Center Parcs in its early years
- 10 Mother still 'grieving' for son who suffered life-changing brain injuries in crash
Swaffham have been drawn at home to Rothwell Corinthians in the FA Cup extra preliminary round on Saturday, August 5.
They will also travel to Stewarts and Lloyds for the first round qualifying of the FA Vase on Saturday, September 9.
The Under 18s are away to Wisbech St Mary week commencing September 4 in the FA Youth Cup. For the full fixtures see www.swaffhamtownfc.co.uk.
Neighbours Thetford Town, who lost 4-3 at home to Thurlow Nunn First Division newcomers Norwich CBS – formerly Spixworth - in their first friendly of the summer last Tuesday, are at home to Dereham Town on Friday night (8pm).
They then have a trip to Anglian Combination side Mulbarton the following Tuesday.
The Brecklanders have been drawn away to Eynesbury Rovers in the extra preliminary round of the FA Cup. Rovers play in the United Counties League Premier Division.
In the FA Vase, Thetford have been given a home tie, against Oakham United, in the second round qualifying. Oakham play their football in Division one of the United Counties League. Danny White’s team open their Thurlow Nunn Premier Division campaign with a trip to Stanway Rovers on Saturday, July 29. Thetford finished last season in an impressive seventh place – just a point and a place behind their opening day opponents.