Ian Henderson wins Rochdale award as good form continues
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Thetford footballer Ian Henderson is enjoying another excellent season with League One side Rochdale.
The former Norwich City forward has scored seven goals in his last nine games for Dale – earning him the club’s player of the month award for December.
Henderson has scored 10 goals in 26 matches so far this season, as he closes in on his 50th goal for the Greater Manchester Club.
The 30-year-old endured frustrating spells at Northampton Town and Luton Town after leaving the Canaries in 2007, having scored six goals in 79 appearances, but found his feet again at Colchester United in 2010.
He scored 26 goals in 130 matches for Colchester and eventually joined Rochdale on loan in March 2013.
You may also want to watch:
His 10th goal of the season came in Saturday’s 3-2 home defeat to Chesterfield at Spotland, taking his overall tally for Dale to 47 goals in 140 matches.
Henderson used his Instagram account, @Hendo2401, after the game to say: “It is always a nice feeling to receive awards, I picked up player of the month for December, man of the match in the game and a goal. Thank you to everyone who voted for me.”
- 1 'Shocking destruction' - fury over removal of trees at walking spot
- 2 'Vital' washing and cooking facilities to help homeless opens in town
- 3 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: County council election results
- 4 Norfolk and Suffolk election 2021: No change in Breckland
- 5 6 things to do as temperatures set to rise to 21C
- 6 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 7 Before the blaze: Elveden Forest Center Parcs in its early years
- 8 Mini science centre to feature at town's riverside development
- 9 Town planning for future of theatre and swimming pool at historic convent
- 10 Five rare birds that have been spotted in Norfolk
The defeat brought an end to a three-match unbeaten run for Keith Hill’s side and leaves them in 11th place in the League One table.
Dale host Fleetwood on Saturday, who sit just a point above the relegation zone in 19th place, as they look to get back on track.
Henderson added: “The result didn’t go to plan, but we must go again next week and push on.”
The former Canaries academy player signed a new contract in October, extending his Dale deal through to the summer of 2018.
Henderson confirmed at the time that he plans to finish his career with Rochdale, having helped the club to automatic promotion from League Two in 2014 and an eighth-place finish in League One last season.