Hosts too tough for depleted Thetford Ladies
Beccles 3, Thetford Ladies 0
HOCKEY: With nine players, Thetford visited Beccles knowing they would have to fight hard for everything.
Although there was a brief ray of hope as Beccles started with ten, they were quickly up to full strength.
Both teams came out strongly with some great hockey; fast passing and movement off the ball.
Tory Smith really settled back into her role at the back, making some key tackles, closing down and cutting out players winning her the player-of-the-match accolade.
Dee Burris in goal was tested, putting in an excellent performance under pressure. Sophie Kelly and Alena Sweigart were solid in defence with some perfectly-timed tackles.
Sam Harvey, Charlie Harwood and captain Sarah Nichol made some exceptional runs during the game, working with Kathy Hammond who was dropping back to support.
- 1 Norfolk zoo keeper abandoned as a baby reunited with mother in ITV show
- 2 WATCH: 'Unplayable' delivery from Suffolk bowler goes viral
- 3 Rugby club hoping to 'ignite' interest following pandemic
- 4 Tesco recalls pastry product over risks to people with nut allergies
- 5 Homes destroyed after blaze breaks out in terraced housing
- 6 Thetford homes left with 'significant' damage following blaze
- 7 Man charged after robbing bookmakers with a knife in Suffolk town
- 8 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 9 Man caught drink driving over three times the legal limit in Suffolk town
- 10 Share of £120,000 cash pot on offer to Breckland groups
Beccles broke the deadlock early but Thetford kept up the pressure to stop them scoring again in the first half.
The second half was harder for Thetford, but their fitness and determination didn’t stop them from going for everything.