Hosts too tough for depleted Thetford Ladies
Beccles 3, Thetford Ladies 0
HOCKEY: With nine players, Thetford visited Beccles knowing they would have to fight hard for everything.
Although there was a brief ray of hope as Beccles started with ten, they were quickly up to full strength.
Both teams came out strongly with some great hockey; fast passing and movement off the ball.
Tory Smith really settled back into her role at the back, making some key tackles, closing down and cutting out players winning her the player-of-the-match accolade.
You may also want to watch:
Dee Burris in goal was tested, putting in an excellent performance under pressure. Sophie Kelly and Alena Sweigart were solid in defence with some perfectly-timed tackles.
Sam Harvey, Charlie Harwood and captain Sarah Nichol made some exceptional runs during the game, working with Kathy Hammond who was dropping back to support.
- 1 Parts of Thetford hit by flooding due to heavy rain
- 2 Road closed after lorry crashes into tree as one person is trapped inside
- 3 47 new homes planned for Suffolk village
- 4 Man rescued from van after collision with tractor
- 5 Family demands answers after 91-year-old dies weighing four stone
- 6 'Slow down, save lives' - Police launch speed awareness campaign
- 7 Augmented reality Gruffalo trail launches in forest
- 8 Have your say over future of growing estate
- 9 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 10 Risk of flooding in parts of region as storms slowly move in
Beccles broke the deadlock early but Thetford kept up the pressure to stop them scoring again in the first half.
The second half was harder for Thetford, but their fitness and determination didn’t stop them from going for everything.