Hosts too tough for depleted Thetford Ladies
Beccles 3, Thetford Ladies 0
HOCKEY: With nine players, Thetford visited Beccles knowing they would have to fight hard for everything.
Although there was a brief ray of hope as Beccles started with ten, they were quickly up to full strength.
Both teams came out strongly with some great hockey; fast passing and movement off the ball.
Tory Smith really settled back into her role at the back, making some key tackles, closing down and cutting out players winning her the player-of-the-match accolade.
You may also want to watch:
Dee Burris in goal was tested, putting in an excellent performance under pressure. Sophie Kelly and Alena Sweigart were solid in defence with some perfectly-timed tackles.
Sam Harvey, Charlie Harwood and captain Sarah Nichol made some exceptional runs during the game, working with Kathy Hammond who was dropping back to support.
- 1 Poultry company owner says food industry is at 'crisis point'
- 2 'It's killing me': Abuse victim moved into flat with asbestos and mould
- 3 Where you are most likely to get your bike stolen in Norfolk
- 4 RAF base warns of increased Apache helicopter flying activity
- 5 'Like an invasion' - locals speak out over five-day festival
- 6 Police chief warns of 'inevitable' rise in certain crimes after pandemic
- 7 Car crashes into central reservation on A11
- 8 Abusive man grabbed wife by throat and banged her head on floor
- 9 Thunderstorms and heavy rain warning for Norfolk
- 10 Find out who made the Norfolk Day Drabble writing competition shortlist
Beccles broke the deadlock early but Thetford kept up the pressure to stop them scoring again in the first half.
The second half was harder for Thetford, but their fitness and determination didn’t stop them from going for everything.