High five for Thetford
Thetford 5, Dereham IV 1THETFORD found themselves a goal down within the first two minutes when a soft shot was misjudged by Avery. Town responded very quickly and were soon level where the trademark short-corner routine between Snow and Godbold led to the later flicking past the keeper.
Thetford 5, Dereham IV 1
THETFORD found themselves a goal down within the first two minutes when a soft shot was misjudged by Avery.
Town responded very quickly and were soon level where the trademark short-corner routine between Snow and Godbold led to the later flicking past the keeper.
The first half was a scrappy affair where Thetford struggled with the basics and were fortunate to go into the break a goal up when Blower converted another short-corner routine.
You may also want to watch:
In the second half Thetford came out a different side and put Dereham on the back foot.
Excellent wing play down the right from Thompson and Hooton who were delivering endless supply to Scott and Godbold. The latter converted the third with some lucky spin on a mis-hit.
- 1 Have your say over future of growing estate
- 2 'It's killing me': Abuse victim moved into flat with asbestos and mould
- 3 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 4 Poultry company owner says food industry is at 'crisis point'
- 5 Where you are most likely to get your bike stolen in Norfolk
- 6 'Like an invasion' - locals speak out over five-day festival
- 7 Car crashes into central reservation on A11
- 8 Thunderstorms and heavy rain warning for Norfolk
- 9 Police chief warns of 'inevitable' rise in certain crimes after pandemic
- 10 Abusive man grabbed wife by throat and banged her head on floor
Thompson went solo only to square for Godbold to get his hat-trick. Thompson continued in his rich vein of form and converted a rifle of a strike into a corner. The performance was marred with a ligament injury to Ollie Chisman who is recovering but will miss the rest of season.
Watton II 1, Thetford Ladies 5
SMOOTH hockey skills and great teamwork in this excellent win.
Thetford piled on the pressure in midfield with Karen Hodgkinson and Tracey Newman quickly breaking away down the right.
Sarah Nichol (PoM) made key interceptions. Thetford scored twice - Kathy Hammond popped home the first from a cross from Dawn Heavey. The latter unleashed a powerful strike from a short corner for the second.
Ziggi Clarke made her presence felt down the left, blocking her opponent, Sophie Kelly and Chris Church were solid in defence, while Davina Rolph's fancy footwork made sure of clearing balls from her goal. Picking up a quick ball from defence, Heavey beat two players to score again before Watton got one back.
In the second half Karen Spiller and Charlie Harwood made some cracking runs and Clarke made it 4-1, driving into the D to hit the ball hard into goal. A short-corner strike from Heavey rebounded but Hammond beat it home.