Hat-trick of penalties for Bridgham’s Dean
BRIDGHAM UTD climbed to fourth in Crown Fire League Division One with a 3-2 win at home to North Elmham.
Bridgham started slowly and, despite Alan Boon and Jack Hamilton going close, it was North Elmham who took the lead on 20 minutes.
Simon Richards twice went close twice before Bridgham equalised when James Dean was fouled in the box and converted the resulting penalty for 1-1 at half time.
The second half was also an even affair with Mark Snowdon saving well in the Bridgham goal as North Elmham pushed for another goal.
However, on 64 minutes, after good wing play, a cross was handled in the area and Dean scored again from the spot for 2-1.
You may also want to watch:
Bridgham failed to hold onto their lead for long as North Elmham equalised on 69 minutes with a good finish. But Bridgham battled on and regained the lead on 73 minutes when Alan Goodwin was fouled in the box to gave Dean the chance to complete his hat-trick of penalties. But Bridgham still needed a superb save from Snowdon with five minutes to go to secure a good win.
The ‘Simon Long Appliance Care’ man of the match was left-back Luke Woods.
- 1 What is the fuel situation looking like in Thetford?
- 2 Harley-Davidson motorcyclist dies in A134 crash
- 3 How 'inadequate' school is making strides towards 'bright future'
- 4 Van overturns while trying to enter A11 petrol station
- 5 Norfolk wakes up to empty pumps – despite assurances of ‘ample fuel stocks’
- 6 Q&A: All you need to know about fuel shortages
- 7 Thetford man charged with abduction of 17-year-old girl
- 8 Drivers delayed following accident in Brandon
- 9 Thetford man wanted in connection with assault
- 10 Norfolk man in a relationship with teen he abducted, court told