Harling still full of hope
EAST Harling, with a few first- choice players still missing, were outplayed by a determined Marlingford side.
The home side went ahead after 15 minutes, then both James Sparks and Tom Catchpole missed chances to level.
Ten minutes into the second half Marlingford went two up after a mix-up in the Harling defence.
Marlingford cleared two efforts off their line before sealing the points with 10 minutes left.
This was one of Harling’s poorer performances but they still can make third spot if they get back to winning ways.
Next up for Harling is a trip to Anglian Windows.
n East Harling Reserves had an even match against Horsford United Reserves. Harling had plenty of chances to win, but only managed to score twice through Andy Collins-Reed and Gareth Hobley to lose 3-2.
- 1 Try roasties topped with pulled pork at town’s new street food business
- 2 Pair accused of dangerous driving on A11 set for court
- 3 Chase Star to perform at Thetford comedy club
- 4 First cases of monkeypox reported in Suffolk
- 5 New homes plan for former coal yard
- 6 Food review, Lime Kiln Kitchen: ‘A truly relaxing place for Sunday lunch’
- 7 Woman in her 50s who died in A11 crash named locally
- 8 What to see in the sky in July: Year's biggest supermoon and meteor showers
- 9 Man charged with burglaries, dangerous driving and assault
- 10 Contact tracing scammers return as Covid rates rise
A disappointing finish to the season but a great improvement on last season.