Harling in Trophy action
East Harling host Swaffham Town Reserves in the first round of the Cyril Ballyn Trophy tomorrow.They will want to put their defeat at the hands of Foulsham in the Anglian Combination on Saturday behind them and progress in the competition.
East Harling host Swaffham Town Reserves in the first round of the Cyril Ballyn Trophy tomorrow.
They will want to put their defeat at the hands of Foulsham in the Anglian Combination on Saturday behind them and progress in the competition.
Foulsham 4, East Harling 3
WITH two late call-offs East Harling were not all full strength and did not start well.
You may also want to watch:
They went behind after 15 minutes but came back well to go 2-1 ahead, through Chris Bray who broke away and coolly slotted the ball past the keeper, then Chris Hancy headed home.
On the stroke of half-time another fast break saw Foulsham level.
- 1 Two men due in court over rave at Thetford Forest
- 2 Body discovered in Thetford Forest Park
- 3 Noise disruption possible as low-flying RAF jets simulate training
- 4 Waits for second Covid jabs on target in our region
- 5 International designer asked to create ambitious vision for Thetford
- 6 Motoring giant pledges more than 600 brand new laptops to appeal
- 7 Concern people are letting their guards down after getting Covid-19 jabs
- 8 Missing 84-year-old man found safe and well
- 9 Norfolk woman fined after travelling 200 miles to visit daughter
- 10 Tips for families with Special Educational Needs children in lockdown
Foulsham were the stronger team in the second half, but Harling
were not helped in that three players got injured, and with only one substitute it was always going to be difficult.
Foulsham went 4-2 ahead and could have had more.
In the final 10 minutes Harling pressed and a superb free-kick by Stuart Chrystall gave Harling hope.
The home keeper made three good saves in the last minutes, but Foulsham held firm and deserved the win.