Harling in Trophy action
East Harling host Swaffham Town Reserves in the first round of the Cyril Ballyn Trophy tomorrow.They will want to put their defeat at the hands of Foulsham in the Anglian Combination on Saturday behind them and progress in the competition.
East Harling host Swaffham Town Reserves in the first round of the Cyril Ballyn Trophy tomorrow.
They will want to put their defeat at the hands of Foulsham in the Anglian Combination on Saturday behind them and progress in the competition.
Foulsham 4, East Harling 3
WITH two late call-offs East Harling were not all full strength and did not start well.
They went behind after 15 minutes but came back well to go 2-1 ahead, through Chris Bray who broke away and coolly slotted the ball past the keeper, then Chris Hancy headed home.
On the stroke of half-time another fast break saw Foulsham level.
- 1 Try roasties topped with pulled pork at town’s new street food business
- 2 Pair accused of dangerous driving on A11 set for court
- 3 First cases of monkeypox reported in Suffolk
- 4 Chase Star to perform at Thetford comedy club
- 5 Woman in her 50s who died in A11 crash named locally
- 6 Food review, Lime Kiln Kitchen: ‘A truly relaxing place for Sunday lunch’
- 7 New homes plan for former coal yard
- 8 Man charged with burglaries, dangerous driving and assault
- 9 New Latin American restaurant opening at Center Parcs in Elveden
- 10 What to see in the sky in July: Year's biggest supermoon and two meteor showers
Foulsham were the stronger team in the second half, but Harling
were not helped in that three players got injured, and with only one substitute it was always going to be difficult.
Foulsham went 4-2 ahead and could have had more.
In the final 10 minutes Harling pressed and a superb free-kick by Stuart Chrystall gave Harling hope.
The home keeper made three good saves in the last minutes, but Foulsham held firm and deserved the win.