Harling happy with win
East Harling 2, Freethorpe 1HARLING, who next visit Aylsham, gave a good disciplined performance to deservedly take all three points. Playing some of their best passing football they controlled long periods of the game, but could not break through a defensive Freethorpe who looked to play on the break.
East Harling 2, Freethorpe 1
HARLING, who next visit Aylsham, gave a good disciplined performance to deservedly take all three points.
Playing some of their best passing football they controlled long periods of the game, but could not break through a defensive Freethorpe who looked to play on the break. Danny Watts and Ben Chase both went close, but the Freethorpe keeper was in excellent form. Harling came out for the second half and dominated, but despite going close on several occasions could not net.
Freethorpe broke away and a tremendous shot went in off a post to give them the lead. Ollie Copeman came on to liven proceedings and was fouled on the edge of the area. Lee West stepped up to curl a clever free-kick home.
You may also want to watch:
Harling then put Freethorpe under intense pressure. Kyle Lynn came on and within minutes latched onto a fine pass from Chris Watling to coolly beat the keeper. This was no more than the home side deserved and they saw out the game in control.
Lee West again was at the start of so many moves with his fine range of passing. Peter Blades gave another good performance, both in defence and going forward. James Porter and Chris Marlow were dominating in midfield, both working so hard all game.
- 1 Wanted man identified after Thetford shop burglary
- 2 Father and son admit handling stolen power tools
- 3 Night out safety advice issued after drink-spiking reports in Norfolk
- 4 Bryan Cranston to Meghan Markle - how USO show brings stars to our region
- 5 Man due in court in connection with Norfolk stab attack
- 6 Work starts on new £4.2m housing project in Norfolk village
- 7 Family's tribute to 'gentle giant' killed in A134 crash
- 8 Four-car crash leaves pregnant woman in hospital
- 9 21-year-old airlifted to hospital after car crashes into trees
- 10 Retired firefighter looks back at four-day Thetford factory blaze 30 years on