Hardy runners stride out
A HARDY team from Thetford Athletic Club travelled to Framlingham for a scenic but damp opening race in the Suffolk Cross-Country Series. There are six varied venues across Suffolk with a maximum five-mile course for seniors and 2.
A HARDY team from Thetford Athletic Club travelled to Framlingham for a scenic but damp opening race in the Suffolk Cross-Country Series.
There are six varied venues across Suffolk with a maximum five-mile course for seniors and 2.5 mile maximum for juniors, with Framlingham usually the muddiest of the winter.
For the U13 girls, Grace Humby was placed sixth, finishing in 11:43, Molly Dyson was placed ninth in 11:59, closely followed by Victoria Dolman in 10th place with a time of 12:02. In the U15 girls Megan Norry finished well in second place with a time of 10:32. Jason Higgins, in the U15 boys, ran a good race to cross the line in first place with a time of 9:11 and Tom Busson finished eighth in 10:03.
Jonny Mead, running in the U17 men's section, achieved another first place for the club finishing in 9:10. Lucy Tyler, in the U17 women's race was placed second, with a time of 35:16.
You may also want to watch:
Competing in the Vet 45 men, Nick Searle finished ninth in 33:32, Richard Dolman 11th in 36:37 and Carl Higgins 14th in 37:57. For the Vet 50 men, Tony Cantle was placed eighth in a time of 36:07, and in the Vet 55 men, Brian Wright finished in ninth place in a time of 37:15.
The club looks forward to the next Suffolk Series race at Bungay on November 15.
- 1 Noise disruption possible as low-flying RAF jets simulate training
- 2 Body discovered in Thetford Forest Park
- 3 International designer asked to create ambitious vision for Thetford
- 4 Missing 84-year-old man found safe and well
- 5 Tips for families with Special Educational Needs children in lockdown
- 6 Norfolk woman fined after travelling 200 miles to visit daughter
- 7 Two men due in court over rave at Thetford Forest
- 8 Ice warning after freezing temperatures overnight
- 9 People 'losing patience' with neighbours who flout Covid rules, police say
- 10 Driver had drugs and £300 cash after being stopped on A11
Thetford Athletic Club offers various training for any juniors or seniors interested in training for cross country and other running events. For further information visit the club website at www.thetford-ac.co.uk.