Green takes honours at Thetford Golf Club after solid round
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
Tom Green’s solid back nine of 39 — two bogeys at 12 and 13 with pars at the other seven holes — gave him a nett 70 and a one-stroke win in the Division One Medal at Thetford Golf Club.
Tom, who plays off 10, came in with a gross 80 to finish one ahead of Paul Garnham (81-10-71), Daniel Franklin (86-15-71), Neil Elers (82-11-71) and Stephen Duncan (84-13-71).
Other scores: Rob Taylor 77-5-72, Gareth Mills 77-5-72, Paul Pearce 78-5-73, Robert Setchell 78-4-74, Mike Horley 80-6-74, Dan Traher 75-1-74, David Sutton 85-11-74, Ashley Forbes 88-13-75, Michael Smith 87-12-75, John Ward 86-10-76, Darron Franks 87-11-76, Ryan Woods 86-10-76, Steve Randall 89-13-76.
The Division Two winner was Alan Hodgkinson with 95-20-75 followed by Paul Macrow 104-26-78, Martin Lash 99-20-79 and Nolan Guthrie 99-18-81.
Pauline O’Sullivan won the Ladies’ Turkey Trot with 36 points off her handicap of 27. She finished four ahead of Ann Engwell (19).
You may also want to watch:
Other scores 31 Gwen Dixon (31), Kath Malvern (6) and Sandra Smith (26); 29 Wendy Puttock (13), Chris Edgar (20) and Ann Bayes (23); 28 Sue Pitcher (10), Liz Wigg (14) and Mary Neal (23).
Seniors’ Stableford: 37 Ian Brown (13) on countback from Ron McMullin (14), Steve McIlroy (22), Brian Maiden (19) and Martin Jackson (12); 36 Steve Cobb (10); 35 John Carpenter (17); 33 Bob Pearson (14), Colin Wigg (15) and Dave Rivett (19); 32 Jim Neal (22) and Roger Smith (9); 31 Tom Langlands (16), Norman Hargreaves (19), Jim Fleming (20), Phil Halford (13), Trevor Wignall (10), Kevin G Stannard (28) and Ollie Snushall (17).
- 1 Schools in Norfolk closed or partially shut due to coronavirus
- 2 Fresh calls for Norfolk to move to tier one ahead of key Commons vote
- 3 'Disgusting' - councillor slams culprits for defecating on footpaths and in front gardens
- 4 Dozens of new Covid marshals to become 'the eyes and ears of the districts'
- 5 Hope and caution - How Thetford is preparing to come out of lockdown
- 6 Norfolk in Tier 2 of coronavirus restrictions, government confirms
- 7 Arrest after man found with wooden baton and £30,000 in cash
- 8 Care home bosses welcome proposed roll-out of rapid covid tests
- 9 Man fractured partner’s cheekbone after making machete threat to sister
- 10 Shop Local: Council urge shoppers to use market towns this Christmas
At the annual meeting Bob Pearson was elected as club captain for 2018 with Mike Horley as his vice-captain. The ladies’ captain will be Margaret Hayward and they will all drive into office on January 1.
President Anne McHarg will serve a third year of office and Chris White was re-elected as treasurer.
The meeting was the first as Thetford GC Ltd following 104 years as Thetford GC.
Rugby Union: Thetford suffered a third straight defeat against one of the top sides in London Three Eastern Counties on Saturday when they lost 32-28 at home to Stowmarket, who moved to the top of the table as a result. Thetford are at home again to third from bottom Newmarket on Saturday.