Great start for Thetford
March 0, Thetford Town 3Thetford Town travelled to March for their first Ridgeons Division One game of the season.It was the Thetford keeper who had the first touch of the ball with an early March effort.
March 0, Thetford Town 3
Thetford Town travelled to March for their first Ridgeons Division One game of the season.
It was the Thetford keeper who had the first touch of the ball with an early March effort.
Town took the lead on four minutes when good work from Clayton found Dixon whose pass to Wood saw him score from close range.
You may also want to watch:
Town dominated and a good cross from Tanti on eight minutes saw Piggott head wide.
March countered but it was Thetford looking dangerous on the break and Dixon missed a good chance on 11 minutes from a good ball by Joseph.
- 1 Father and son admit handling stolen power tools
- 2 Wanted man identified after Thetford shop burglary
- 3 Man due in court in connection with Norfolk stab attack
- 4 Bryan Cranston to Meghan Markle - how USO show brings stars to our region
- 5 Work starts on new £4.2m housing project in Norfolk village
- 6 Training at RAF base given positive rating by Ofsted
- 7 Jets heard roaring over Norwich for training exercise
- 8 Family's tribute to 'gentle giant' killed in A134 crash
- 9 Two men arrested on suspicion of money laundering in Thetford
- 10 Four-car crash leaves pregnant woman in hospital
Town increased their lead on 13 minutes when a Tanti cross was met by Piggott who cut in to beat the keeper.
On 23 minutes March were reduced to 10 men. Town, in control, should have added more goals and did on 40 minutes when Tanti headed over the line to make it 3-0.
March came at Thetford in the early stages of the second half and Jackson in goal dealt well with the shots fired at him.
Town should have increased their lead when they were awarded a penalty which was saved from Dixon. Town then had good chances to increase their lead but misses and good saves from the March keeper with shots from Armes and Scott in the closing minutes being saved saw Thetford collect a comfortable three points from their first game.
Team: Jackson, Joseph, Thompson, Richards, Haynes, Clayton, Tanti, Howard, Piggott, Dixon, Wood. Subs: Armes, Scott, McDermid.
This Saturday, Town travel to Whitton United in the FA Cup, kick-off 3pm.
On Tuesday August 17 Town entertain Gorleston with a 7.45pm kick-off.