Great start for Thetford
March 0, Thetford Town 3Thetford Town travelled to March for their first Ridgeons Division One game of the season.It was the Thetford keeper who had the first touch of the ball with an early March effort.
March 0, Thetford Town 3
Thetford Town travelled to March for their first Ridgeons Division One game of the season.
It was the Thetford keeper who had the first touch of the ball with an early March effort.
Town took the lead on four minutes when good work from Clayton found Dixon whose pass to Wood saw him score from close range.
You may also want to watch:
Town dominated and a good cross from Tanti on eight minutes saw Piggott head wide.
March countered but it was Thetford looking dangerous on the break and Dixon missed a good chance on 11 minutes from a good ball by Joseph.
- 1 Mini science centre to feature at town's riverside development
- 2 'Shocking destruction' - fury over removal of trees at walking spot
- 3 'Vital' washing and cooking facilities to help homeless opens in town
- 4 Before the blaze: Elveden Forest Center Parcs in its early years
- 5 Mother still 'grieving' for son who suffered life-changing brain injuries in crash
- 6 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 7 Wanted man arrested in Dereham
- 8 Norfolk County Council elections 2021: Who is standing in Breckland?
- 9 Logs spill across A47 after lorry and tractor crash
- 10 Team GB athlete to inspire pupils to get healthy with visit to school
Town increased their lead on 13 minutes when a Tanti cross was met by Piggott who cut in to beat the keeper.
On 23 minutes March were reduced to 10 men. Town, in control, should have added more goals and did on 40 minutes when Tanti headed over the line to make it 3-0.
March came at Thetford in the early stages of the second half and Jackson in goal dealt well with the shots fired at him.
Town should have increased their lead when they were awarded a penalty which was saved from Dixon. Town then had good chances to increase their lead but misses and good saves from the March keeper with shots from Armes and Scott in the closing minutes being saved saw Thetford collect a comfortable three points from their first game.
Team: Jackson, Joseph, Thompson, Richards, Haynes, Clayton, Tanti, Howard, Piggott, Dixon, Wood. Subs: Armes, Scott, McDermid.
This Saturday, Town travel to Whitton United in the FA Cup, kick-off 3pm.
On Tuesday August 17 Town entertain Gorleston with a 7.45pm kick-off.