Grading success for Thetford tae kwon-do students
- Credit: Archant
The Mark Farnham Schools of Tae Kwon-Do took part in Colour Belt Grading examinations.
These gradings are taken at their King’s Lynn School located on Providence Street. Gradings are on Sundays and start with a one hour training session where the student runs through the requirements for their grading, and then they take part in their grading session.
These ‘gradings’ are conducted by 7th and 8th Dan Tae Kwon-Do Masters from around the country, who each have over 40 years Tae Kwon Do experience.
To take part in a grading a student needs to have worked for an allotted time and be up to a good standard for the grade they are taking.
Students all start at White belt and work though Yellow, Green, Blue and Red belt grades until they are ready to aim for their Black Belts which they take at Bristol in front of a panel of five, 8th Dan Examiners, to get to this stage will take a minimum of three-and-a-half years but four years is more common depending on how well a student progresses.
The grading on Sunday, January 18, saw 113 of our students attending, with some children down to the age of four years as well as adults of all ages were taking part.
Students achieved a 100pc pass rate, all students passed with good grades. The examiner was Master Paul Donnelly 8th Dan.
- 1 Anger as 'rollercoaster' appears at bottom of woman's garden
- 2 Firefighters tackling large fire near country park
- 3 Shed left destroyed after garden fire in west Suffolk
- 4 20 fire engines and 90 firefighters contain large forest blaze
- 5 Drought declared in Norfolk
- 6 'Could have caused explosion': Eco-warrior stops Thetford fire spreading
- 7 Town to host free outdoor screening of Encanto with street food stalls
- 8 Revealed: Why wasps chase you and how to get rid of them this summer
- 9 Where will be the hottest place in Norfolk this weekend?
- 10 'Incredible' firefighters spend nearly 12 hours tackling forest blaze
This makes a total of over 11,900 students passing colour belt gradings in the last 27 years.
Students receive their grades and belts at presentations which are held at their own school during the next week. A very well done to all of those students taking part in the latest gradings. Anyone interested in learning a Martial Arts and Tae Kwon-Do in a friendly fun atmosphere should contact Mark Farnham on 07771644460 or 01553 841880 or visit our website www.mftkd.co.uk
Thetford: Alexander Pascalides 7th Kup; Seth Westcott 7th Kup
The Thetford club meets at the main sports hall of Breckland Leisure Centre, on Mondays from 6.30-8pm. It is open to all students including beginners.