Golf club's mark of achievement
THETFORD Golf Club has been awarded GolfMark accreditation, demonstrating their hard work and dedication to both juniors and beginners.The English Golf Union (EGU) and English Women's Golf Association (EWGA) developed the GolfMark award to identify and acknowledge golf facilities in England that were junior and beginner-friendly.
THETFORD Golf Club has been awarded GolfMark accreditation, demonstrating their hard work and dedication to both juniors and beginners.
The English Golf Union (EGU) and English Women's Golf Association (EWGA) developed the GolfMark award to identify and acknowledge golf facilities in England that were junior and beginner-friendly.
The GolfMark award also integrates Sport England's Clubmark award - a national standard for quality sports clubs recognised country-wide.
Thetford Golf Club secretary Diane Hopkins said: “We're absolutely delighted to get it, to be recognised for diversity and our training facilities. We have got a very nice practice and coaching facility.”
You may also want to watch:
She said the golf club had been developing its membership to cater for all ages, abilities and financial capabilities.
“It has taken us about a year to get all the evidence. A lot of work was done by the staff here and the committee - everyone had to get involved.
- 1 Have your say over future of growing estate
- 2 'It's killing me': Abuse victim moved into flat with asbestos and mould
- 3 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 4 Poultry company owner says food industry is at 'crisis point'
- 5 Where you are most likely to get your bike stolen in Norfolk
- 6 'Like an invasion' - locals speak out over five-day festival
- 7 Car crashes into central reservation on A11
- 8 Abusive man grabbed wife by throat and banged her head on floor
- 9 Police chief warns of 'inevitable' rise in certain crimes after pandemic
- 10 Parkruns return to Norfolk for first time since Covid
“We've got a nice plaque and we're going to display it proudly on the wall,” she added.
There are a number of benefits that clubs can gain by achieving GolfMark accreditation, including increased membership, raising the club's profile, further development of coaches and volunteers and greater access to funding.
GolfMark evaluates golf clubs on the following three areas within their junior section: coaching and playing; club environment, including sports equity and ethics; child protection and duty of care.