Goal Chase proves a great success
EAST HARLING just about deserved the 3-2 win over hosts Thorpe Rovers.Ben Chase scored midway through the first half and that was how it stood at the break.
EAST HARLING just about deserved the 3-2 win over hosts Thorpe Rovers.
Ben Chase scored midway through the first half and that was how it stood at the break.
Thorpe equalised early in the second half but this work Harling up and Ben Chase scored his second, closely followed by the third from Henry Armes. Thorpe scored a second but Harling held on for the win.
In the game against Bradenham, with just 11 players, Harling got a great 6-0 away win.
Harling took the game to Bradenham. A fortunate shot from Ben Chase made it 1-0 then he crossed for Chris Haney to head home.
Just before half-time Andrew Morris scored from 25 yards.
- 1 Music-loving dad whose ashes were fired into festival crowd took own life
- 2 Pair deny dangerous driving on the A11 in Suffolk
- 3 Jess Glynne cancels summer show in Thetford Forest
- 4 Homes with dedicated support for rough sleepers to be built in Thetford
- 5 Plan B measures to be scrapped across England
- 6 Council leader refuses to condemn Downing Street parties
- 7 Rescued Mariah and Carey recovering after A11 crash
- 8 These are the dog breeds given up most at a Norfolk rehoming centre
- 9 How are England's Covid restrictions changing after Plan B?
- 10 'We must learn to live with Covid' says health secretary on Plan B's end
The second half saw Chase score two to complete a hat-trick and Stuart Chrystal lobbed the keeper from 35 yards.
East Harling visited Hempnall Reserves and lost 2-0. The early kick-off did not suit Harling on Easter Monday and they were a goal down after 10 minutes.
But from then they had the better of possession but spurned several good chances.
Just before half-time a misplaced pass gifted a second to Hempnall. Harling continued to press but never had the sharpness to convert possession into goals and Hempnall deserved the win.
East Harling Reserves are looking for a manager for next season when they will be in Anglian Combination Division Six. Call Clive on 01953 717117.
Harling's annual presentation is on May 8 at the social club followed by a race night to raise funds to improve the floodlights.