Goal Chase proves a great success
EAST HARLING just about deserved the 3-2 win over hosts Thorpe Rovers.Ben Chase scored midway through the first half and that was how it stood at the break.
EAST HARLING just about deserved the 3-2 win over hosts Thorpe Rovers.
Ben Chase scored midway through the first half and that was how it stood at the break.
Thorpe equalised early in the second half but this work Harling up and Ben Chase scored his second, closely followed by the third from Henry Armes. Thorpe scored a second but Harling held on for the win.
In the game against Bradenham, with just 11 players, Harling got a great 6-0 away win.
Harling took the game to Bradenham. A fortunate shot from Ben Chase made it 1-0 then he crossed for Chris Haney to head home.
Just before half-time Andrew Morris scored from 25 yards.
- 1 Try roasties topped with pulled pork at town’s new street food business
- 2 Pair accused of dangerous driving on A11 set for court
- 3 First cases of monkeypox reported in Suffolk
- 4 Chase Star to perform at Thetford comedy club
- 5 Woman in her 50s who died in A11 crash named locally
- 6 Food review, Lime Kiln Kitchen: ‘A truly relaxing place for Sunday lunch’
- 7 New homes plan for former coal yard
- 8 Man charged with burglaries, dangerous driving and assault
- 9 What to see in the sky in July: Year's biggest supermoon and two meteor showers
- 10 New Latin American restaurant opening at Center Parcs in Elveden
The second half saw Chase score two to complete a hat-trick and Stuart Chrystal lobbed the keeper from 35 yards.
East Harling visited Hempnall Reserves and lost 2-0. The early kick-off did not suit Harling on Easter Monday and they were a goal down after 10 minutes.
But from then they had the better of possession but spurned several good chances.
Just before half-time a misplaced pass gifted a second to Hempnall. Harling continued to press but never had the sharpness to convert possession into goals and Hempnall deserved the win.
East Harling Reserves are looking for a manager for next season when they will be in Anglian Combination Division Six. Call Clive on 01953 717117.
Harling's annual presentation is on May 8 at the social club followed by a race night to raise funds to improve the floodlights.