Goal Chase proves a great success
EAST HARLING just about deserved the 3-2 win over hosts Thorpe Rovers.Ben Chase scored midway through the first half and that was how it stood at the break.
EAST HARLING just about deserved the 3-2 win over hosts Thorpe Rovers.
Ben Chase scored midway through the first half and that was how it stood at the break.
Thorpe equalised early in the second half but this work Harling up and Ben Chase scored his second, closely followed by the third from Henry Armes. Thorpe scored a second but Harling held on for the win.
In the game against Bradenham, with just 11 players, Harling got a great 6-0 away win.
You may also want to watch:
Harling took the game to Bradenham. A fortunate shot from Ben Chase made it 1-0 then he crossed for Chris Haney to head home.
Just before half-time Andrew Morris scored from 25 yards.
- 1 Thetford man wanted in connection with assault
- 2 'Beers, big TVS and men's mental health': New barbershop to open in town
- 3 Two 'cowardly bullies' sentenced for Christmas attack at Center Parcs
- 4 Teen to mark first ever flight - by jumping out of the plane for charity
- 5 New £39million hub officially opens to the public
- 6 Hotel owner providing free lunches for those in need
- 7 Norfolk nursery nominated for national award
- 8 Teen stabbed in Thetford
- 9 Part of A11 closed due to crash involving motorbike
- 10 A11 reopens after pigs escaped onto road
The second half saw Chase score two to complete a hat-trick and Stuart Chrystal lobbed the keeper from 35 yards.
East Harling visited Hempnall Reserves and lost 2-0. The early kick-off did not suit Harling on Easter Monday and they were a goal down after 10 minutes.
But from then they had the better of possession but spurned several good chances.
Just before half-time a misplaced pass gifted a second to Hempnall. Harling continued to press but never had the sharpness to convert possession into goals and Hempnall deserved the win.
East Harling Reserves are looking for a manager for next season when they will be in Anglian Combination Division Six. Call Clive on 01953 717117.
Harling's annual presentation is on May 8 at the social club followed by a race night to raise funds to improve the floodlights.